Search the forum,

Discuss Decoupling membrane in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

judge

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Ive a job to look at friday eve to tile in 600 polished porcs(15 m2) .My concern is that roughly half the floor is existing concrete screed layed on top of insulation board,and the other half is fresh(2 month) screed over insulation.Would a decoupling membrane and flexi addi suffice for any movement which will take place between the two screeds ?:smilewinkgrin: ta

judge

TF
Arms
Reaction score
with the expansion would you ,put a cut between the screeds and fill with silicone first ? and if possible would you run the tile grout line along the joint and fill with a matching silicone or install proper movement joint ?:smilewinkgrin: cheers

F

foggy34

i would try for the grout joint to run along screed joint, then match silicon with grout! mapei especially good silicon and grout matches
altho this may not be possible but all gud advise above

judge

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Went to look at the job and it was two concrete slabs joined that had the celotex on top then a 60mm screed layed over it ,so all was well :hurray:. apart from the fact that the screed is still to wet to tile on yet .

Reply to Decoupling membrane in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen