Search the forum,

Discuss Dashboard Cameras in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

cam_low

TF
Reaction score
hows everyone getting on with their cameras. i need one now, the culmination was through an absolute donkey (not a literal donkey) stopping in the middle of green man roundabout for no reason and nearly leaving me with no choice but to wipe them out. However Im quite sharp for 31 so managed to avoid said donkarse

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I have a cheap one off ebay that Richard from an old sponsor recommended and it is brilliant. Auto looping recording over old recordings. Takes a SD card so can whip it out even if the camera it totalled in an accident. Sticks to the screen like sat nav so you can take it off and whack it in glove box if you end up in the Bronx etc I'll try to find the name for you.

Q

Qwerty

Update on my dash cam....... in short it was absolute rubbish!

It did fine for a few months, but when winter set in I found that it killed the internal battery which was fixed and no way of replacing it.

I have since purchased a replacement which has been excellent. I thought long & hard about whether I could buy expensive and get exceptional quality or buy cheap (again!) and try my luck (could then bite the bullet and admit I'm a tight arse and fork out for a better unit!). It was only £25 and worth every penny. These units are sold by Argos & Homebase so not the usual cheap no brand rubbish. I have seen identical (possible Chinese copies) on Amazon for just £10 but these aren't branded as the original is.

So here it is-

Streetwize SWREC1 Screen Compact In-Car Digital Video Recorder, 2.5-inch
HD In-vehicle video journey recorder
Ideal for journey recording up to 16hours on 32GB SD card ( Not Provided)
Provides quality video evidence in case of an accident or incident disputes.Infrared night vision,with motion sensor activation
Continuous looping recording.

image.jpg

The unit was easy to setup and use and the quality is actually very good. The recording is very good too. Audio isn't great, but acceptable. It's not got a wide angle lens but it is good enough. As soon as I get time to put some of the footage on here I will.

In the meantime here is an American you tube review-

I

Ian

How is the latest of your cameras doing @Plan Tec Tiling ? I'm thinking of getting one and can't work out the good from the bad :tearsofjoy: Any recommendations from anyone as to what to go for? I'd say somewhere up to £50 is what I'd like to spend.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
How is the latest of your cameras doing @Plan Tec Tiling ? I'm thinking of getting one and can't work out the good from the bad :tearsofjoy: Any recommendations from anyone as to what to go for? I'd say somewhere up to £50 is what I'd like to spend.
Sale on

Nextbase 212 1080p Full HD 2.7" LED Wide Angle Night Vision Dash Cam Camera | eBay - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nextbase-212-1080p-Full-HD-2-7-LED-Wide-Angle-Night-Vision-Dash-Cam-Camera-/322182283282?hash=item4b038f8012:g:JRsAAOSwuzRXe660

Worth it IMO.

Reply to Dashboard Cameras in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen