Search the forum,

Discuss Cutting porcelain, visible edge needs to be good in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spare Tool

I’ve used Rubi diamond polishing blocks before which are manual and take forever to create an edge on porcelain. I didn’t realise there were diamond ones for grinders. Any recommendations ?
ATS diamond tools, order online

Tony73

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Hi. Steady hand+ angle grinder+ polisher. I also recomend masking tape. I always use masking tape and pen ( not pencil) Masking tape stops tile edge from chipping 100%.

Reaction score
I assumed there would be lots of "best manual cutter threads" but having spent quite a long time reading I haven't been able to come to any conclusions.
Having bought my last manual cutter back in the 80s, and having always hired wet cutters when I needed them in the UK, I guess I am going to have to splash out on a decent manual cutter.
Is that too vague a question?
I need a good piece of kit that will give me a great cut on 60cm porc. with a good view of the disc to get accurate cuts. I don't want any fancy extras, just a good clean accurate cut.

Reply to Cutting porcelain, visible edge needs to be good in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Hi, I‘ve just finished tiling the majority of my garden path. Base is concrete, and tiles are...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen