Search the forum,

Discuss cutting palace travertine ceramic tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
hi guys
i,m having trouble cutting palace travertine tiles from b an q i score them then when coming to snapping them they snap fine untill the last 10mm it just takes the corner off the cut i,ve had this problem before with 600 porcelain as you would expect. for the price im on with these tiles i cant afford to send everyone through the wet cutter. ps has anyone used the above mentioned tiles? palace travertine beige? which grout? and wot colour would u use?

D

doug boardley

only way with trav is to put them through the wet cutter sorry. As for grout I'd say Mapei ultracolour jasmine would be a good choice.

G

Gazzer

On the B&Q website these tiles are claimed to be Ceramic.
If that is correct it could just be down to your cutting technique or the cutter being used.
Palace Travertine Wall Tile Light Beige (W)485 x (L)340mm Pack of 6, 5010921353777

Last edited by a moderator:
D

doug boardley

On the B&Q website these tiles are claimed to be Ceramic.
If that is correct it could just be down to your cutting technique or the cutter being used.
Palace Travertine Wall Tile Light Beige (W)485 x (L)340mm Pack of 6, 5010921353777
I didn't check that Neale, just assumed they were natural trav:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Time's Ran Out

:welcome: - if they cut on the wet cutter without breaking on the corner then it has to be cost effective to do it that way.

T

TilerJames

As far as i know they are Travertine effect ceramic, but you shouldnt have any problem cutting them with your tile cutter, but if your scoring n snapping correctly and there still not cutting cleanly, then your just gona have to machine cut them all...nice! any grinder with good disc or wetsaw will do.

Reply to cutting palace travertine ceramic tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen