Search the forum,

Discuss cutting metal trims in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

As above I use my Evo Rage , generally I tend to mitre them at home rather than take the Rage to work. Funnily enough I've just done a house over the last couple of days using metal trim. I loaded it out Weds afternoon , and counted how many mitres there were and just mitred both ends of 6 lengths weds night. Just a case of cutting to length on site then with a junior hacksaw ( the internals are cut square ).

I also keep a set of templates ( 3 pieces ) for the 2 tile splashbacks in the WCs for this particular builder , its always the same ( portrait - porcelanosa 333 x 200 ) and cut a set at home for each new plot. No messing about then , 2 tiles on , slide in the ready made trim set . :0)

Diggy

T

The D

Didn't know Dean invented them...lol
Bought one from tile flare ....best and I mean the best mitre box I've ever owned......even down to the screw holes that you can use to screw down to a piece of wood ......stops it slipping all over the place....take my hat off to you Dean grate product. ..

thanks its nice to get the feed back on it. i didn't invent them as they have been around for a long time but i did design the genesis one specifically for tilers.

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Subscribed
Co.Durham
This is the new genesis mitre box.... It grips the trim as well...
image.jpg

Reply to cutting metal trims in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement