Search the forum,

Discuss Cutting into Internal Corners in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

Jimmy Boy

What is the best way of cutting into internal corners.
Do you tile one wall to within x? of the corner and the other wall to within x? of that tile, or do you take the thickness of the tile off your measure into the corner on both walls ?

Have heard differing ways tilers get a neat finish cutting into corners as above, edges meeting as grout line, and also one wall overlapping meeting wall by 1mm.

Thanx Jimbo

T

Turkish

Personally mate i would overlap so i leave a gap of about 3mm from the edge of the tile to the wall then when the other tile comes in to meet it leave a gap of 3mm between the edge of that tile and the face of the first tile if that makes sense, nice and neat. I am new to the game though so maybe one of the pro`s will come on later and say otherwise but i think by doing that you`re still leaving enough for an expansion gap.

Turkish

S

sWe

I usually stop about the thickness of the tile + thickness of the adhesive (4mm square notched = 2mm for example) + about 1/2-2/3 the grouting width, away from from corners. That way, the corner grouting will be just a little shy of a regular grout, and will look about the same with silicone.

So if you're slapping up 5mm thick tiles, with 3mm grouting, on 2mm addy,stop about 9mm away from the corner. That gives you just under 3mm corner grouting. After a while, you don't think about it, you just measure with your eyes.

Cheers.

W

wivers

Only time you really have to wory is when ya gota border tile with a pattern in it same width as the wall tiles.

Reply to Cutting into Internal Corners in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen