Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Cutting floor tiles for a fall ! in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

M

MICK 999

Hello All
This is my first time so be gentle ! I'm a plumber & have been asked to finish off the tiles in a wetroom as the tiler's made a bit of a mess of it & the customer prefers the tiling I've done in the bathroom. The problem as I see it is the joint where the floor drops away to the waste. It's a linear waste fitted at the rear of the enclosure, the tiles are 900 x 150 which look like timber & the customer wants to keep the staggered joints. Do I cut the tiles at the drop & grout it or is there an expansion joint or profile I could use ?
Regards Mick

I

Ian

Hello Mick, do you know which former has been used and what tanking system? Don't suppose you have a picture, that'll help us see what you're dealing with.

M

MICK 999

Hello
It's a concrete floor there's no former, the fall has been formed with the screed going straight to the waste.
Mick

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Can you post a picture?

It can be done with those tiles ( quite slippery though).is the whole floor concrete screed?

M

MICK 999

Hello
I can't get a photo as I'm not able to get there for a few weeks as I've got other work on & my customer is prepared to wait for me to do the job when I go back to fit a new boiler for her. Plus, the floor was only laid 4 weeks ago so I think the tiler started the floors too soon as it's about 110mm thick. We're hoping the tiles will stay put !
Cheers Mick

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
Has any tanking or waterproof coat been applied?
Would agree tiles are being fixed way too early

Reply to Cutting floor tiles for a fall ! in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks