Search the forum,

Discuss Cut Marble Tiles in half? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

J_lee83

Afternoon all,

We have just taken delivery of 23sqm of Soho Grey Polished Mable tiles, that measure 450x450.

However apon reflection we are considering cutting each tile in half to create oblong tiles that measure 225x450.

As I only own a cheap wet cut saw, even if were to buy a top quality blade, am I likely just to ruin alot of exspensive tiles?

Cheers
James

J

jay

hi seems a waste to cut down but yes you can invest in a top qual wet saw do the tiles have a bevel on edges or just square edged:8:

D

DHTiling

Afternoon all,

We have just taken delivery of 23sqm of Soho Grey Polished Mable tiles, that measure 450x450.

However apon reflection we are considering cutting each tile in half to create oblong tiles that measure 225x450.

As I only own a cheap wet cut saw, even if were to buy a top quality blade, am I likely just to ruin alot of exspensive tiles?

Cheers
James

You will need at least a rail saw to do a lot of repetitive cutting and a flat bed table saw will not be up to the job...

J

J_lee83

I assume a suitable saw will cost alot???

They are straight edge tiles at present, so it would simply be a stright cut down the middle.

Just weary of ending up with a whole loads of slightly different sizes

D

DHTiling

How much are you prepared to pay..?..thats easier for us to point you in the right direction.

J

J_lee83

Really as little as possible, but something that would do the job properly.

£200 max i guess?

H

hillhead

why not just pay a local tiler to cut them with his saw for you?? if i was there i'd do it for you for a fee. you need need a quality saw to do a proper job.

W

White Room

Got to make sure you get an exact centre cut otherwise when laying your tiles will drift or you may need wider joints to compensate

D

doug boardley

why not just pay a local tiler to cut them with his saw for you?? if i was there i'd do it for you for a fee. you need need a quality saw to do a proper job.
just scrolling through Joe, and I thought exactly the same:thumbsup:

Reply to Cut Marble Tiles in half? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen