Discuss Customer Vs Trade Dispute - Natural Stone Tiles in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

P

Pebbs

Whooh, I missed this thread but have just gone through it all. Get onto Dan post haste, you have offered to have the area affected re-honed, and he has dismissed this. He can take all the legal advice he wants to, you have offered to correct the works as a gesture of good will, and now he is simply being totally unreasonable. Stand your ground and dont be bullied.

Pebbs

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
There's no more that you could have done to sort this out. A pretty small issue to start with along with a very simple solution to fix it. The customer should have given you a chance to fix it. The fact they've not, and then have gained legal advice so soon in the issue suggest they're just not wanting to pay. And any court will see this.

I'd give Invoice Chasing | Chase Invoices | Failed Billing | Invoices Chasers | Credit Control | Credit Management a bell and tell them Dan sent you from the forum, explain everything, send them copy's of the letters (always always always keep the originals yourself) and let them give you some advice and help deal with the issue if they need to. They have legal bods in their company (my contact is one, they've done T'c and C's for all the forums).

Courts don't like customers withholding money. The correct way to deal with this is to pay for the works that have been done and then stop if there are more to be done. And you should get full payment for what has been done, and only then can the customer argue that works are substandard via a court to get any costs back. If they have held payment back fully, they're already on a loosing streak.

T

templar018080

thanks guys, frustrating as it is, when writing the correspondence I've tried to imagine what a judge would think if they were to read it, and so working within the boundaries of what is considered reasonable and fair. plus it's all via recorded delivery.
-thanks Dan I've messaged that company. :thumbsup:

if any thing else it's been a good learning curve so far!!!

Reply to Customer Vs Trade Dispute - Natural Stone Tiles in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks