Search the forum,

Discuss Custom made tray in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com.

radim

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Folks
I am after some advice.
Customer wants wetroom in old cupboard. 1st floor chipboard across the joist, solid with no movement. Size of the room is 1900x1750.
Does anyone know who makes custom made shower trays? Spoke to schluter - doesnt do custom sizes. Wedi is asking for £1500.
Customer doesnt mind a step between rooms so height is not a issue.
Whats the best way to get around this?
Thanks

D

Dumbo

What size tray do you want and I don't mean "it's not available so that's why I'm asking this question" what size do you want then we can go from there .

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Abucus direct, from near Harrogate. Will make any size and thickness.
Had one done 2.4m x 1.2. They do the sauna seats and insulation board waterproof inserts to make recesses.

C

Colour Republic

Radium it seems you want a wet room former tray to cover the whole dimensions of the room. That does seem a little odd, you're essentially turning the whole cupboard in to a massive shower enclosure. Are they planning on having 2-3 people showering in this large cupboard at the same time?

Just seems a little odd not to have any dry zones in the room, but guessing there is a reason for that? Or are they trying to play it that safe that no matter what the water will always drain away no matter where it's fired?

O

One Day

Abucus direct, from near Harrogate. Will make any size and thickness.
Had one done 2.4m x 1.2. They do the sauna seats and insulation board waterproof inserts to make recesses.
Seem very expensive. Do they offer a real trade discount?

Reply to Custom made tray in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen