Search the forum,

Discuss ctdd/compulsive disorederds in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

N

nufcjim

i recently done a job and wasnt happy with it so re done the work.the custemer wouldnt have thought any different but i could see it so put it right what are the rules on discrepencies?and how far should you go to keep a client happy

D

davy_G

Mmm, i just make sure im happy with it to be in my house. I always make it better than it was. ie if the floors are pants, i explain there is only so much i can do with adhesive. I could use a SLC but it will cost so much etc
Same with walls if they are in a bad state and the client doesnt want to replaster, then there is only so much i can sort out before hand.

G

GazTech

I always set myself up thinking, if I would be happy with the standard at my own house, then so would my customer. It helps to be a perfecionist as a tiler, 'cos it's all about what the eye sees..Gaz

F

frostfree

Know what you mean. Did the same last week tiling a floor, looked fine when I finished laying the tiles. Went back next day and noticed a slight dip in the centre of the floor, probably no more than about 1-2mm affecting about six large format tiles. Spent half a day taking them up, scraping addy off and relaying. Customer probably wouldnt have noticed and I lost half a days money! But the job was done right!

T

Turkish

Nice to hear of all this striving for perfection! Went to quote for a kitchen splashback the other dat after a well known company had been in to fit a new kitchen.......SHOCKING!!!!!! The customer didn`t want them to continue with the tiling so they called me and if i get the job i`ll be trying to put their minds at rest and do a superb job!

Turkish:thumbsup:

Reply to ctdd/compulsive disorederds in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen