Search the forum,

Discuss Cscs in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

Leanne

hiya im going in for my CSCS card and I was just wondering if many of you have it and if you think its worth having? Thank you ***

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Do a search for CSCS on here, you should find a bit of info. I wouldn't rush to get it unless you've found out you need it. Domestics you should be ok without it.

L

Leanne

kk a will do! its just ive got the chance 2 mebies get it 4 nowt so just seeing if yous pros would advise getting it lol ***

Last edited by a moderator:
L

Leatherface

Leanne - is your CSCS card only valid for 12 months ?
Think you will find it will be unless you are trained to NVQ standards. Think you will find that after 12 months you will have to re-apply and not get a re-newal unlless you have an NVQ certificate.
Again - waste of bloody time in my opinion - I have already received documentation from CITB - most of it is about health & safety & procedures rather than tiling.
Red tape - does not prove that you can tile.

L

Leanne

I dont know if it is just for 12 month! its just a short course im getting sent on when im waiting for an employer! Starting to think about giving up 2 be honest oh!!! ***

C

Concept PHT

Don't give up...

You can get your trainee card after you have sat the test and are enrolled on an NVQ. This only last for the duration of the time it takes you to get your NVQ (max 12-24 months)

Once you have your NVQ, you then get the blue card to say that your qualified.

I only wish you lived closer cuz I have got tons on and I am trying to train a lad who isn't really going anywhere.....

C

Concept PHT

And even the crappy council refurb work around here require a CSCS card now....

It really is all over the place here in the mids now.

L

Leatherface

Concept

if it is so easy to get - then please will you impart the actual info on how ?
It seems to me that when I have looked into it - it costs just over £500 for on site asessement - And the paperwork you have to fill in to even be considered is for the most part totally alien to tiling. More a checklist for health & safety & site procedures & structure. evidence & references required for each section - over 12 pages, at least 10 sections on each page.
It is easy to apply for a CSCS csrd initially, you only have to sit a health & safety test. The hard part its seems is getting your NVQ.

Again I ask - HOW ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

C

Concept PHT

AND I WILL SAY AGAIN - GO TO THE CITB WEBSITE AND READ FOR YOURSELF.

Or phone Chase Tiling and ask them the question. I have enrolled on my NVQ through them, and they have answered all my questions.

There is far to much to type out to explain.

Its dead easy. I have a heap of pics from all my jobs (i like to take them before / during / after for a variety of reasons), tons of references and the health & safety stuff I did at college whilst doing my Plumbing. Sorted.

But if you want to miss the boat, thats up to you. For me, it will be in the bag if I ever need it one day - no worries.

And you need to be enrolled on an NVQ to get your 'trainee' cscs card, or about to enrol on one with a view to completing it within a time frame.

phew......! :)

L

Leanne

Don't give up...

You can get your trainee card after you have sat the test and are enrolled on an NVQ. This only last for the duration of the time it takes you to get your NVQ (max 12-24 months)

Once you have your NVQ, you then get the blue card to say that your qualified.

I only wish you lived closer cuz I have got tons on and I am trying to train a lad who isn't really going anywhere.....

i wish i was closer aswell no1 around here wants me :'( lol its getting to me a bit at the minute like! every1 around here just do jobs now n then so dont get enough work to take me on! ive sent over 50 letters out to tilers around here! i have the funding here just waiting for some 1 thats sutible!

Reply to Cscs in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen