Search the forum,

Discuss CSCS card How to obtain it? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

F

frankrd80

Hi there, I'm moving to uk next month, and I would aplly for a cscs card.
I'm italian tiler with 10 years experiences, but not in Uk. So i contact constructionsupportline for a cscs card, and they said I can aplly for a green card.
To apply for this card i need an employer's recommendation, Now my question is if I don't have a card I can't work, and if I don't have work i can't have a recommendation.
So how can I get a cscs card?
What's the steps to get it?

G

Gazzer

Its been a while since I applied and couldnt remember if I needed an employers recommendation. cacth22 situation by the looks of it. Have you tried explaining to the CSCS people. Are you planning on working on site work ? If not then you will not need it.

F

frankrd80

I don't know, but i look at some job ads, and all of this need a cscs card older or self emplyed.

G

Gazzer

You will only be able to get the basic card. Some sites will not let you on by yourself without a skilled card. Its all a bit hit and miss with London area being more tight with restrictions.

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I've just got the basic card and have never had any issues getting on site with it. I needed to get one quickly and didn't have time to get skilled/tiler one. Mine runs out this year so will be looking to get it updated to the correct one.
i did mine at a mobile test station that parks up at a local wickes store every few weeks, or at least it did, whaven't seen it for a while.

B

bugs183

Get yourself in with a builder and he can sign for you, then you can apply for the basic and as above sit in a van and take the test. You'll get the card when you pass.
To get the skilled card i had someone come round and asess my work on site so that i could pass my NVQ. After that you can apply for the wall and floor tiler card that lasts 5 years.

K

karenadams

I don't know, but i look at some job ads, and all of this need a cscs card older or self emplyed.

That's because most contractors and construction sites now have made it mandatory that all workers and employees are CSCS card holders.

It reduces their liability.

Reply to CSCS card How to obtain it? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen