Discuss Closely Spaced Sockets And Mosaics.. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

LloydsPlastering&Tiling

Hi everyone.

I have tiled loads of kitchen splashbacks since starting but this will be my first done solely in 300x300 mosaics. Just my luck on this job there are loads of built in appliances on one wall with all there sockets (6) right next to each other. The spacing between the faceplates i only around 5mm. Would i be best using loose mosaic pieces cut to size fixed in these small gaps or try and keep everything on the mesh? picked up some mosaic fix sheets which i havent used before to have a try of. hope everyone is keeping busy i know i need to be with the christmas lists ive been handed :confused:

M

MTiler

You dont have to keep the mosaics on the mesh, for small cuts around plugs etc I just take a load off the mesh and fix them one at a time using glass nippers to shape them.

sharon

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I try keep it on the mesh as much as possible or you will find it could run out of bond. So if I was going round a socket I would cut a square out the mesh the size of the socket or as near as I can, and only trim the pieces of tessera needed to finish round the socket....if your lucky it will finish full tiles and save the hassle. .

Reply to Closely Spaced Sockets And Mosaics.. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Marley