Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Choosing a Rubi manual cutter... confused in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
I'm looking at a nice manual cutter from rubi. I'm set on a rubi as their parts are easy to get here and I just cant get used to pull to score cutters Haha.

I want something that'll cut a 700mm porcelain tile without feeling really stressed. Rarely cut bigger than that. And that has a nice visible cutting wheel.

However they make a million models! What on earth do I look at? The TX-n 700 looks great but how does it compare to the other billion variants they produce? Haha.

I've currently got an Ishii Big Clinker 2 that's great. Nice size and nice and solid. It'll do a 630mm 14mm porcelain tile. However it doesn't feel refined, the 90° accuracy is questionable, I'm sick of having to lean right over and put my head on the floor to see the darn wheel, and it's not the easiest thing to get bits for when needed. Even the wheels are a 2 week order in affair at topps tiles. And my local topps isn't exactly organised. For get a spare and wheel and you've had it.

Thanks in advance

Dan

Tony_C

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Sigma 3C3M Max handle will cut 725mm and is a push score ;) I have managed to cut larger tiles taking the measuring bar out also. I haven't came across any tiles yet that it can't snap. The wheel can also be hard to view for point to point cuts but i just know where it is now and don't need to look at it much :D

OP
F
Reaction score
I tried the machines suggested and wow! I've been missing out. I went for the tx700n. Really great cutter thankyou guys

Reply to Choosing a Rubi manual cutter... confused in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock