Discuss Chase Tiling Academy - Cannock, Staffordshire in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

P

Proper Job

I did a course at chase tiling last year really enjoed it, course tutor Phil is a laugh and Mrs smith is a walking hazard.

P

pjdtiling

i have just completed a four week course at cta

Having packed in a management job for a new challenge i was naturally worried especially having never done any tiling before

but from day 1 phil, ant and margaret were superb and immediately gave everyone on the course the confidence that we could tile

the course was relaxed but at the same time very informative. i was lucky because the group of people i was with were top notch, even the old bird (only joking carol)

i have set up on my own and have already done 2 paid jobs with loads of quotes to do

if anyone fancies a change of career or just wants to learn how to tile then this course is superb

the kettle is always on but mrs smith and the site manager are a pain in the backside

If you are reading this Phil, ant and margaret keep up the great work

a satisfied customer

pete davis

pjd tiling:)

J

J4CK THE RIPPER

Chase Tiling Academy

I have been wanting to post feedback on Chase Tiling since finishing the course a few weeks ago but have not been able to on the feedback section so i have had to start a new thread.

I have just finished a 6 week ICA course at Chase Tiling Academy. I was very pleased with the training provided Phil and Anthony the two tutors are highly trained in wall and floor tiling and provided first class training . I would highly recommend Chase Tiling Academy to anyone considering taking up wall and floor tiling as a profession the 6 week ICA course is ideal if you have no experience and want to go on to achieve an NVQ 2 which I will be doing soon. I even had an interview with the internal verifier during my course who said the portfolios constructed for the NOCN and ICA awards were of the highest standard. I am glad that I chose Chase tiling Academy to do my training. I now feel confident to take on my own jobs and to start tiling full time.

Thanks again Phil, Anthony and Margaret

Jack

Dan if you can fix the issue feel free to move the post to the feedback section thanks.

C

ChaseTiling

Re: Chase Tiling Academy

CHASE TILING ACADEMY LIMITED
Ceramic Wall & Floor Tiling Courses
Construction Skills / City and Guilds Approved Centre No. 5451

Hi Jack

Thanks very much for your feedback. We look forward to assessing you for your NVQ qualification in the not too distant future.

Margaret
Senior Administrator NVQ/ICA Coordinator

_
The Cannock Chase Enterprise Centre, Block 3, Unit 3.07, Walkers Rise, Hednesford, Staffs. WS120QU
Telephone 01543 424205 / Fax 01543 879245
Company Registration Number 5619075AC

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jazzikaz

To all at C.T.A

A big thankyou to Phil and Anthony for your patient training whilst i was at CTA. And to Margaret and Sonya for your friendliness.. Thankyou. Having done a two week course i can honestly say it was the best thing i have done in a long time. The training was perfectly tailored for getting going in the tiling area. It has given me the confidence and more than sufficient knowledge to support my husband who is a plumber in being able to offer a more rounded out service to customers. We have many jobs booked in and for my part i am really looking forward to whats ahead. As i have already mentioned patience is what was needed for me and thats what i got by the bucket load!!along with a lot of humour!!!:joker: And yes Phil, the Doblo is still running PERFECTLY, and the back bumper is still attached, if you ever feel the need to jump on it again just get in touch!!!!!! I was very apprehensive about going into a male dominated environment, but i need not have worried at all. The atmosphere was super, the other Guys and lady on the course were very friendly and the air wasn't blue!!!not that i heard anyway!! This is turning into an essay so suffice it to say CTA offer an excellent service one that i have already recommended to others. If any other Ladies are thinking of doing a course then GO FOR IT, its super as i have already said. Keep the kettle hot I'll be back for a brew!! Karen :thumbsup: :coffee:

C

ChaseTiling

Hi Karen,

Thanks for your feedback there!! :) We are all very pleased that you have achieved what you set out to do (scuse the pun - lol), and we are all looking forward to seeing and hearing about your success when you pop up in the future.

All the best,
Anthony

S

swills

hi everyone
i did an ICA 6 week course at Chase Tiling Academy in Jan/Feb.im late in posting this msg as ive only just done my gola test.Although i cant comment on other training centres i can fully recommend chase tiling for anyone thinking of training to be a tiler.Like to thank phil,anthony,margaret and sonia for all their friendly and expert help before, during and after the course.whenever i asked a question i always got a friendly and helpful answer with a bit of humour thrown in .Id like to thank phil especially for all his hard work put in on the 6 weeks i was there ,hours of work we never see him do (hope u win gold mate ive got 20 quid on you).
ii dont come on the forum much but i wanted to show my appreciation to the team at chase and when ive saved enough cash up ill be going back to do the plumbing course with anthony.
good luck in future

simon willoughby

Newtile

C

ChaseTiling

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your feedback there mate :)

Get your 5 documented jobs done now, and then we will be up to see you for your NVQ assessment mate. Job Done!! :)

See you very soon Si,

Ant

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Had this in a private message.

dropoff said:
Hi all just finished the 6 week tiling course with those blaggards !
at ‘ChaseTilingAcademy’ had a great time and gained all the necessary skills to change career after 24 years in the Civil Service. Never done anything like this prior to the course. Learned loads and found the course to be of high quality and value for money.

Just a short thank you to all the staff there and a quick praise regarding for their friendly and professional approach during the course. Always got an answer to any questions in a friendly, helpful and often highly humours way !

Got 6 domestic jobs lined up already and the usual family ‘can you’ demands so looking good.

To Phil especially many thanks chap. I expect you to win that Gold in the Olympic shooting and will be putting a £100 on you so you better win or I will nick your grout! :41:

I Intend doing the 2 week plumbing course again at ‘ChaseTilingAcademy’ with Anthony in early July 2008.

To those of you who may be worried as I was about joining or doing this course hand on heart I can honestly say it’s the best thing I have done for many years.
Give it a go !

Keiran McMahon (Ron not Ran to Pil)

C

ChaseTiling

Hi Kieran,

You have ony been gone 2 minutes and your still firing the humour at us!! lol :)

We are very pleased to hear that you enoyed your course, keep on track with your jobs and collecting your evidence for your NVQ in a month or so time (if you still plan to do this of course!!).

Looking forward to having you back in July mate, and get you a bit more practice on those speedfit fittings!! ;)

See you soon,

Anthony & all here at the Academy :)

D

dayglowfroggy

I like that picture .
I trained last year at chase did the two week course it was a very good course and a lot of fun .
Hi Phil and Anthony by the way.
Its Paul Hadfield (excellent bathrooms)
I no I only did the two week course so didn't get the full knowledge .
Since leaving I would say that I have been accused of over preparing by my dad but I have been trying to follow the instructions from chase to the letter however this seems to mean jobs take me allot longer than others who just get tiling no pva etc.
Saying that I have not had any problems on any job except as a result of rubbish adhesive so now I try to stick with bal grip etc.
Also I have had to totally disregard the pricing structure laid out in the manual first two times I did it I was working for not very much money.
I know someone who charges £35 a meter for anything I tend to work on days .
My worst job was a very small downstairs toilet that had had lining paper over artex but it had been done that well it looked like it was plastered. I did not know about it till I started prepping that job took 3 days longer than I expected .
Lesson now learned.
I would defiantly recommend this tiling course for learning how it should be done properly .
I think prepping is something you have to learn about on the job.

C

ChaseTiling

Hi Paul

Thanks for your comments. This coincides with the feedback that other students leave when finishing the course

Regards

Margaret

Chase Tiling

J

J4CK THE RIPPER

Got in from a hard day graft last week to find my NVQ Level 2 certificate had been posted. I did an ICA course with Chase back in January then went straight on to do my nvq the whole process took about 5 months from start to finish and I am now a fully qualified Wall And Floor Tiler.

Big thank you to everyone at Chase tiling :thumbsup:

C

ChaseTiling

Got in from a hard day graft last week to find my NVQ Level 2 certificate had been posted. I did an ICA course with Chase back in January then went straight on to do my nvq the whole process took about 5 months from start to finish and I am now a fully qualified Wall And Floor Tiler.

Big thank you to everyone at Chase tiling :thumbsup:

Well done Jack

Regards from all the team at Chase Tiling

Reply to Chase Tiling Academy - Cannock, Staffordshire in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks