Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Chase Tiling Academy - Cannock, Staffordshire in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Please comment on the courses held at Chase tile in Cannock Staffordshire.

[DLMURL]http://www.chasetiling.co.uk/[/DLMURL]

View attachment 61053

Last edited:
C

ChaseTiling

Re: tile qualifications

Hi Dan and all members of the forum

Chase tile Academy is please to announce that it is an approved accredited centre, licensed by the construction industry training board to deliver recognised trade/industry qualifications in wall and floor tile, (Intermediate Construction Awards and NVQ’s).

The success has been achieved through bloody hard work i.e. 10 hours plus per day, seven days a week, Phil, the instructor gaining his teaching qualifications and also becoming a C.I.T.B. approved assessor, along with his past experience as a wall and floor tiler.

Without the support of our internal verifier Alan Goodwin this would have not been possible, and too which we are extremely grateful.

Now hoping this will free up some time to be active members of the forum.

Also, we would like to thank you Dan for your support. A very big thank you to Anthony (Concept) who constantly gives positive feedback about the academy, and not forgetting our past students who have given us their support to help make all this happen.

Philip and Margaret

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Tim Orme

Re: Your tile Course

[FONT=&quot]Hi everyone,

Just thought I'd drop a quick note about Chase tile. I could have posted this straight after finishing the 4 week course but i thought it would be fairer to post after my first job. I've just finished a 16 sq mtr kitchen floor, quarry tiles and lots of difficult cuts - in fact probably not the ideal job for a first one ! I was apprehensive, wasn't sure if I'd priced it right, wasn't sure if I'd taken on too much - but I needn't have worried . All the training I'd received at Chase tile was money really well spent. There wasn't a problem I encountered that I couldn't figure out a way round and all the hints and tips provided by Phil the course tutor came into their own. All I can say is that if you're looking for a course that is excellent value for money and run by a guy who can really do the job and not just talk a good story - look no further than Chase tile. Phil, if you're reading this thanks a million. The one tip I keep reminding myself of is "don't stand back and look at the job thinking how well you've done because you could be putting more tiles on !!!!

"Tea Time -Time for tea ??"

Tim

[/FONT]

S

Sean Garford

Re: Chase tile - Cannock, Staffordshire

I trained at Chase a while back, great course, 4 weeks of great learning fun!!! Phil is a great laugh!! Phil do you remeber the icing sugar and no nails??? ask him about it and watch him smile!! Thanks to Margret and Phil top people i will always recomend them.

Thanks,
Sean.

C

ChaseTiling

Re: tile Courses in May

Dear Dan and Forum Members

At this moment in time Chase tile Academy are fully booked on their week-day courses till Monday 25th June, and no week-ends available till 11th August. We are in the process of constructing four further tile booths as have just acquired an additional unit next door.

Phil - Chase tile

S

Sean Garford

I will bear that in mind Phil Congrats!!

G

GazLC81

I am starting a 4 week course at Chase next week (30th April) and am really looking forward to it. I went to Chase a few weeks ago to view the facilities and meet Phil before I booked. I was very impressed and sent the deposit straight away.

I looked at various other courses before booking but this one seemed to be the best and offered me exactly what I was looking for. It's also quite a bit cheaper than some of the other too.

I'll post again when I finish the course to give some more feedback.

Looking forward to getting stuck in!!

Gareth

G

GazLC81

Just a quick update.

I have just finished my second week. I am thoroughly enjoying it and feel like I am learning a lot. The atmosphere is great and everyone gets on.

Phil is a good laugh and is full of great little tips to make things seem easier.

All in all it couldn't be going better and am glad I choose this course rather than one closer to home that would have been easier to get to.

I'll update again when I finish.

Gaz
----
I finished my course at Chase tile Academy just over a week ago.

I really enjoyed my time there and so did the rest of the lads on the course with me. Phil is a great tutor and can't think of anyone better to learn from, he has a great attitude towards the students and genuinely wants you to learn as much as possible!

The facilities were really good and there was access to every tool you could ever need. Just as we were finishing the course building of three new training booths had been completed.

Considering I only recently finished my course and have only been advertising in the local paper a week an a half I have already done 3 estimates and have my first two jobs booked in!

Anyone look to get into a career tile should definitely consider this course! You won't regret it! Give Phil a ring to organise viewing the facilities and you'll see what I mean!

Thanks a lot Phil and Margaret! I'll be in for a brew at some point in the next few weeks if that's ok with you!

Gaz

"It's tea time, time for tea!"

***tony***

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I was on the 4 week course, at chase tile academy a while back. Phil is a superb instructor, with many years experience tile behind him.
If you are thinking of learning tile then I can highly recommend doing your training there. You will learn all you need to know to be a tiler & more besides.
Phil & Margaret make you feel very welcome from the start, the atmosphere is very relaxed & friendly.
The facilities & tools are first rate, parking right outside the door, & if you don't fancy sandwiches, there is a cafe up the corridor.
While I was on the course, you would often see past students popping in for a cuppa, & a chat with Phil & Margaret.
If you are doing a job and unsure about something, you can ring Phil for advice, and he will put you right.
If you're thinking about tile, arrange a visit, look around, have a chat & ask the students what they think.
To Phil & Margaret, a big thank you Tony.

A

andrew bilton

Chase tile Academy

I recently finished the 2 week course with Chase tile Acadeamy Ltd, previous to this i hadnt ever tried tile or any manual work for that matter, as i was in sales. but within the two weeks it taught me the necessary skills to get started.

Obviously with any training course it is much different to when you go out and Tile for your customers in the real world but still gave me the ability & confidence to get started on my business.

I have been self employed now for about a month, i have been getting most of my work through a bathroom installer friend i have, i have came across obstacles with every job i have had, but have always got around them with the skills i have been taught, I'm still learning all the time.

to anyone thinking of a career change, Chase is an excellent choice, good facilities, good tuition.

five stars from me,

Andrew Bilton
A - B tile

D

Damo74

Hi just completed a two week course at chase and would recommend it to anyone thinking of tile. Phil and Ant the two instructers are top notch and def know their stuff.The course was very hands on from the start and by the end of the first day I had tiled my first wall. After two weeks I feel I have gained confidence to go out and do a bit myself.

C

ChaseTiling

Damon,

Thanks for your feedback mate :)

Don't forget, stay in touch and let us know how your getting on.

Keep the an eye out for the Site Manager, and keep Mrs Smith happy!! Lol ;)

Ant & Phil

G

GazLC81

It's about 11 weeks since I finished my course with Phil and I still can't say "Tea time" with out following it up with "Time for tea" lol

That site manager!!! He was a clumsy one! He somehow managed to break my tiles while I was sat in the cafe eating my bacon sandwich!

Gaz

D

Damo74

Yes mate will def be keeping an eye out for the site manager and as for Mrs Smith she's bloody fussy :) LOL.

Keep up the good work

cheers Damon

Reply to Chase Tiling Academy - Cannock, Staffordshire in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock