Search the forum,

Discuss Can anyone offer me some advice please? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

peckers

Hi dave what sort of finish do or did they have? polished/matt looking etc? where are they layed? is there much foot traffic shoes slippers etc? What grade of porcelain were they? what were they sealed with if they were sealed? what have you been cleaning them with? how long have they been down? Do they just look dirty or lost there lustre or scratched etc. and finally has the grout changed too as in looking dirty etc?

D

Dave Cleaver

To all who have replied so quickly, thanks so much. Here we go:

I live south coast 5 miles west of Brighton, in Lancing. I bought the tiles from 'Tiles Tiles Tiles in Portslade. They are porcelain but I don't know what grade. They are a whitish colour finished with 'sparkly' bits ingrained and have a mottled feel to them.

They were laid with the recommended adhesive and grout (by the same store we bough the tiles from), then he rinsed them 6 or 7 times, ironically using a new sponge and bucket he'd bought that day - the tiler was brilliant. We know he didn't use dirty water or sponge etc.

The next day we knew they weren't right. They have taken on a yellowish hue on about 95% of the surface area. We cleaned them loads of times with the recommended LTP product following their instructions to the letter, then again with their more concentrated LTP product.

We cleaned them again and again but when you place the new tile next to one, you can see they simply don't look the same. the grout is fine and looks the same as when applied the first day (April this year)

Thanks again for your help

Dave

Reply to Can anyone offer me some advice please? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen