Discuss Business Link - free help and advice in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

L

Leatherface

Hope this may be useful...

There is a free resource called Business link who offer free help and advice to existing small businesses and start up advice to people who are considering setting up in business.There are business link centres NATIONWIDE. Here is a list of some of the things that they can help with...

Before you start
Considering starting up?
Starting a business - meeting the challenges
Finding and managing the money
Forming and naming your business
Business names & structures
Buying a business
Your workplace
Choosing and setting up premises
Keeping the workplace safe and your employees healthy
Taxes, payroll & returns
Taxes, records and returns - getting started
VAT
Income, Corporation and other business taxes
PAYE and National Insurance
Employing people
Becoming an employer for the first time
Managing your business
Sales and marketing
Financial control, operations and transport
Contracts and suppliers
IT and e-commerce for start ups
Importing and exporting
Protecting your business & ideas
Choosing advisers and services

I used the business link service before I set up and found the information given invaluable. The business link in my area ran a short course spread over a few evenings which covered everything you need to know about starting up. I was also eligible for a start up grant of £500. It may be worth checking what is available in your area and see if you are eligible

I have included a few links here....

Starting up | Business Link

Step 1: Your support needs | Business Link

The business link helpline number is 0845 600 9006

or follow link to search for your local business link by postcode area

Business support, information and advice | Business Link

Last edited by a moderator:

beanz

TF
Reaction score
Scrub off finding money, as there is none for the likes of us... Had a meeting with them on Monday hehe! That said, they are very helpful in all other areas. ;)

Reply to Business Link - free help and advice in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks