Search the forum,

Discuss Building new exsion - woodchip, ply or somwthing else? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

bigmac

Hi everyone,

I am having an extension built at the moment. My builder didn't seem interested in doing the tiling so I said I'd find my own tiler.

The extension will have a suspended floor and I think the builder is planning on installing 22mm chipboard and assuming the tiler will work from that.

I'm thinking of going for a tiled travatine floor

But from what I've been reading on this forum it might be better to get him to lay ply instead of chipboard (even if it costs a bit more) if this is a better surface for the tiler to work from? Or is there some other option worth considering?

FYI plummer says he can install wet underfloor heating will be under the chipboard, presumably this would also work with ply?

Thanks for any advice,

In any case I'll try and find a tiler soon, but wanted to make sure my builder doesnt do anything that will have to be ripped up again!

Reply to Building new exsion - woodchip, ply or somwthing else? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen