Search the forum,

Discuss Budget Laser Level in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

united

I have been keeping my eye open for a 'budget' self levelling laser for a while now.

I know I should buy quality and buy once but my budget does not allow. I also know this is not an essential tool but after using John's laser a few month ago I have noticed on a few job that I could have done with one.

Anyway I have found a 'deal' and just wanted a few opinions

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Carrie Bloomy

We both the same one for my father birthday. I haven't aksed him is it good or not.

F

furness tiles

just to be straight does this laser level put a line right round the room? or is it just across a wall as far as the beam will go.

A

Aston

hi mark

i know your not gonna like this but you are wasteing money not saving it by buying these kind of laser levels. they are designed for the home user and they lose their calibration easily!! the lasers are normally very poor in daylight and they arnt as accurate.

you really need to be paying a minimum of £100 for a half decent laser level for domestic tiling situations..the stabila is a really good option for that kinda money.
id hang onto you money and save up a bit longer and use your standard bubble level untill you have the sufficient readies to get a stabila, dewalt etc...pay cheap pay twice definately appies to budget lasers mate

ed

S

SLR

hi mark

i know your not gonna like this but you are wasteing money not saving it by buying these kind of laser levels. they are designed for the home user and they lose their calibration easily!! the lasers are normally very poor in daylight and they arnt as accurate.

you really need to be paying a minimum of £100 for a half decent laser level for domestic tiling situations..the stabila is a really good option for that kinda money.
id hang onto you money and save up a bit longer and use your standard bubble level untill you have the sufficient readies to get a stabila, dewalt etc...pay cheap pay twice definately appies to budget lasers mate

ed

I agree good advise Aston,

My chippy mate bought a similar one to your link United and it just wasn't anygood hard to see and terrible accuracy! I ended up getting in touch with my mate from a hire center and he done me a good deal on an ex hire hilti kit which had just been serviced and cost me £130 well worth the money easy to see beam and more accurate than we could get with a stabila level over 40ft run! Try your local hire centers as most do sell on ex hire stuff from time to time just drop in & give em a business card you never know! A cheap claw hammer is one thing but a laser level is a completely different ball game all together mate.
Hope this helps.

U

united

Thanks for the advice I thought it wouldn't be up to much.

I have decided to get the Stabila LAX 50 :thumbsup: It looks good for what I will be using it for (small domestic bathrooms mainly)

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
Hi united, search for C & G fixings morton park Darlington they have a De Walt ( cant remember the model ) for £145 inc very nice laser, comes with magnetic bracket and clamp in a case.

link

Last edited by a moderator:
F

furness tiles

iv never use a lazer level before, if you set it up does it go right round the room or do you have to move the lazer round the room, i'm just trying to work out if it would save me time.

Reply to Budget Laser Level in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen