Search the forum,

Discuss British ceramic tiles strike again in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
After my previous post about BCT crazing. I said I would never use them again, but just completed a job I was unaware of manufacturer until I noticed that a lot of the tiles were bowed. Seriously, I mean I will post some pics later this week just to show you how bad. I'm all for british engineering apart from tiles.

W

White Room

Saw there factory traveling to Plymouth and they have a factory shop....all the nasty seconds then.

T

TJ Smiler

Working with bowed tiles on the job i'm on this week.....absolute mare of a job trying to make crap smell nice!

wayne

TF
Reaction score
Just fixed some gloss white 600x300 bct tiles. Right laugh trying to make it look good when tiles are up to 3mm different in size. Luckily client wanted them landscape instead of brickbond cause that would have been fun. I used some of the hd printed ones the other week and they are awful for size and bowing

Reaction score
Just fixed some gloss white 600x300 bct tiles. Right laugh trying to make it look good when tiles are up to 3mm different in size. Luckily client wanted them landscape instead of brickbond cause that would have been fun. I used some of the hd printed ones the other week and they are awful for size and bowing

The hd printed are one of the most popular tiles around this area, and are awful to fix.

S

Sean SML Tiling

Just completed a 16m bathroom 600x300 bct tiles and fair play they were bang on. Customer wanted brickbond so was worried about the quality but these were fine. All the same size and not even bowed.

Reply to British ceramic tiles strike again in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen