Search the forum,

Discuss Briccolina in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

labfan

Hi all, I've just joined so hope I posting this correctly. I've got a Briccolina wet cutter which is a grea portable little wet cutter. Problem I have is the diamond blade is worn out and can't seem to find anywhere other than Italy to buy one. The disc size is 150mm with a 25.4 aperture but it has a 10mm(approx) hole next to the main aperture to allow fittment on to the briccolina housing. I've tried drilling this hole out on a drill press but the discs are absolutely solid and I end up with a burn't out rather expensive drill bit and an end disc which is just about usable. Can anyone throw any light on this for me? are there special drill bits needed to drill through these discs - I've just spent £16.00 on a bit made in Austria which was supossed to be all singing and dancing but just burn't out?

Many Thanks

G

grumpygrouter

You can get Briccolina blades for Contractors Direct. The blades are supplied direct from SIRI in Italy. If it is just a standard diamond blade you need, try contacting PTS Training in Warrington, they usually hold blades in stock.

L

labfan

Thanks for info, have been on Contractors Direct but can't see any match for the Briccolina, have left message on their forum but it doesn't look like anyone goes on there! I was hoping to get hold of a high quality disc for porcelain but that's fine for ceramic as well. The standard blade will go through porcelain ok but the disc life seems to be shortened significantly.

Reply to Briccolina in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen