Search the forum,

Discuss Blow your own trumpet... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

James Spelrem

I'm not sure what this is for but o.k
James Spelrem Contracting in acc. M.D. interrior
tile /grainte/slate/marbel custom work
20 years
3rd generation on average 6 month waiting list

W

White Room

Here go's then;

M.C.WARD SERVICES
Domestics, commercial using ceramics, natural stone and porcelain. Also do the plastering , dry lining and screeding, did actually train as a decorater from 1971-76. Trained on tiling from 76 for short while but did'nt continue. Started taking tiling more serious about 10 years ago when I did the Bal course, no cost then. Done a few courses but darren at nett was the best so far and I only wanted the natural stone, but still looking to improve my skills concerning tiling (never to old to learn). I take pleasure in doing a good job but I'm my own worst critic, all work is recommendations. Allways have a good rapport with customers

Got an ASET from Nett

Last edited by a moderator:
U

user123

Well, not sure if it's appropriate for me to be on here, but if not, chuck me off, Dave.

1 : company name: MAKEitSO MOSAICS

2 : what type of work you undertake:
  • Artistic, freestyle floor wall and sculptural mosaics, custom made for both the residential and business market, internal and external designs, surrounded where necessary by tiles fixed by myself or by good quality tilers (ideally from tilers forum) nationwide. Also feature walls and developing a special interest in geometric tiling.
3 : how long you have been trading........are you time served or not:
  • Started Mosaics just over a year ago as a change of profession, have extensive complete house renovation experience inlcuding tiling. Most recent tiling experience was the course at NETT in December, current project bathroom walls to include mosaic and all tiling, project in pipe line kitchen splashback with feature.
4 : what do you think makes YOU a good mosaic artist / tile fixer..( not anybody else):
  • The fact that I offer both customers and other tilers everywhere more design choices, to turn any wall or floor into something even more special and completely unique, designed to exact size, colour, shape, specification, to fit in with their ideas and with the surrounding tiling.
  • All my mosaics are made entirely by myself, can be installed directly onto the wall or aquaboard, or more conveniently for all concerned on a mesh (finer but more solid than ordinary mosaic sheet mesh, stays true to shape).
  • All work can easily be posted to any location and fixed and grouted by the tiler or by myself if the need arises.
5 : Tell me why..If i was to need a mosaic artist / fixer .. I should use you....:
  • What makes me good at what I do is utter perfectionism and that I can see what can be done from a tiling and an artistic perspective and what materials to use or not, as the case may be. Freestyle mosaic art is now usually a somewhat exclusive stand alone luxury, as most mosaic artists do not know how to incorporate their work with tiling, let alone know how to tile. I can do both or if I need help with any of the tiling aspects I have the contacts to call on other tilers to collaborate with.
  • As yet most residential customers in the UK miss out on an old craft made available at reasonable rather than inflated 'artist' prices.
  • My mosaic is not limited to glass or ceramic,- wooden features or even broken sentimental value items can also be made into special focal points.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

davy_G

1 : company name.
Ravara Tiling Services
2 : what type of work you undertake
Anything tiling related, hearths to houses and ceramics to stone
3 : how long you have been trading........are you time served or not.
Trading 18 months. PTS course, learn something new every day.
4 : what do you think makes YOU a good tile fixer..( not anybody else)
I leave a nice grout line, rather my KD does
5 : Tell me why..If i was to need a fixer .. i should use you....
Reputation....a good one!

F

Fred

AJH Tiling

All domestic work and small building firms

7 years, 1 year C&G course at Lambeth College, London

I pride myself on giving 100% when I carry out a job for clients. I take my time, ensure that detail is the key to the end of the work carried out. I am always on time and clean the work area.

Clients can be assured that if they use me, I will, from the very first meeting take an interest in their plans, advise them on the chosen tiles, materials, advise them and update them daily on the progress and any problems. I give a fair price to my work.

Reaction score
Company Name

m2 tiling contractors

What type of work do you undertake

All ceramic and natural stone tiling with past projects ranging from domestic wetrooms to swimming pools, bars, resturants, multi-site housing developments, retail units to bespoke tiled steam/aromatherapy rooms.

How long trading...are you timed served

Time served City & Guilds qualified 16 years plus experience
self employed since 1995.

What do you think makes you a good tile fixer

The knowledge, experience and skills aquired over the last 16 years have given me the confidence and ability to install any material into any setting of the clients choosing.

If i need a tiler why should i use you

I take pride in all the work i carry out only leaving a job when the customer and myself are totally satisfied with the finish. I treat people and their property with the upmost respect and believe if a jobs worth doing it's worth doing right.

FIRST TIME ON TIME EVERY TIME

Last edited:

chris.tiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Just sen the thread, so here goes....

Chris Martin Tiling

I undertake all domestic work from kitchen splashbacks to swimming pools, from ceramic to natural stone (which I do more of). I get my work from word of mouth and the two larger tile shops near me...Topps, where I am one of four Topps Approved Fitters, and Tile Giant. I dont need to advertise, my work does it for me.

I have been tiling for two years after a lifetime in a Bank and Building Society, where I learned the excellent customer service skills I now use in my tiling work. I therefore do what I say, when I say it to the satisfaction of the customer. I am professional and take pride in the work I do.

Think that covers it...now then Dave...why did you ask?

M

murf

J.M. Tiling.
I have been tiling since 1974 and have made more mistakes than most of the tilers combined on this site. I am in a word, experienced.

simplythebest

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Company name - Commercial Ceramics & Stone (new company recently started)

Work Undertaken - Anything that needs tiling

Length of time Trading - 19 yrs

What makes me a good fixer - Attention to detail , perfectionism in every job and Pride in my work.

Why you would use me? - Peace of mind knowing that you would get an excellant job , on-time and to spec.:thumbsup:

Reply to Blow your own trumpet... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen