Search the forum,

Discuss Bio diesel ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I watched something on telly about this.

Apparently it's not bad at all, and is pretty easy to convert any diesel to run on it.

Thinking about it, I think it was Theo's Adventure Capitalists on BBC. A guy was trying to be the first in India to provide the converters and he wanted to be the main suppliers for the fuel but it wasn't competitive over there.

Perhaps check THIS too before you make any changes to anything to make sure you don't get caught out.

To be honest though I don't know anybody running with it, and I don't know much about it.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
A note at the bottom of his website explains a bit more
Cautionary Note: Biodiesel is suitable for use with any diesel vehicle designed for use with Ultra Low Sulphur Diesel but, being an organic fuel, is not compatible with oil-based paints or natural rubber fuel lines or other components fitted to generators or older vehicles. It will also flush long - term petrodiesel residues from fuel systems. Such users are advised to check compatibility prior to use (VW Group and many other manufacturers now conform to B100) or failing that be advised to check fuel filters after 500 miles. I have been running my fleet on it for over half a year (as at May 2002) and have had no problems caused by this fuel, only benefits

Ken Bruty

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I looked into this too, then noticed the pumps were already in my local Morrissons stores with no price on, so I phoned them later and it was 8p per litre more than diesel :yikes: so I haven't looked at it since. But then I suppose it does cost you less in maintenance or so I've heard, so in the long run may work out even or slightly better maybe.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I think until it's cheaper than diesel there's no real point IMO. It's a shame that. I bet they have price fixed as they make more on the diesel or something.

There's one of the greenfingers on telly (big bloke with a big beard) who makes his own for free. Can't remember how he said he did it but he had drums in his garage, quite a few too.

Ken Bruty

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Apparently it's simple to do, as I've also looked into doing it, but you need to spend a fair amount of time "brewing" it up and a fair bit of space and equipment to do it, two commodities I don't have at present, not to mention all the health and safety issues of storing ethanol etc. etc. Rules and regs eh? Know anyone that sells red diesel?:oops: Only joking mr revenue and customs man.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
haha. Yeah that'd make sense as he had them on rafters in his garage/shed thing lifted in the air. I guess they were brewing then.

G

Gazzer

I am sure i have just seen it at about 80 pence a litre in Walsall ! I will check it out againg tomorrow.

Reply to Bio diesel ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Been advised to move this post to the uk forum, didn’t realise it was in the USA forum Would...
Replies
Views
Evening everyone, Does anyone know how long you need to leave fugalite before you can use the...
Replies
Views
Hello, question for tilers using xl bond self smoothing compound. Normally use sika or mapei...
Replies
Views
Hey guys, Thanks for being members here on TilersForums.com - it is a pleasure to have you! I...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen