Search the forum,

Discuss best adhesive and grout for bisazza mosaic in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jonnyc

I am quoting for a job where architect specified bisazza start+ up adhesive and bisazza fillgel epoxy for grout.
Has anyone used these two products.
being a stone fixer mainly bit out of touch with epoxy grouts but they always used to spell trouble.
Would rather use a very good qualaity flex adhesive and grout.
Any recommendations.
The mosaics are bisazza and will be very expensive i guess.

Reaction score
yes mate very expensive!!!£200 ++ per M2 why don't you talk with the archetype and see if he would let you use you favorite Addy it would be a lot cheaper!! if not then all the work and hassle will have to be reflected in your price!!!:thumbsup:

Reaction score
Hello mate
I have been using bisazza start adhesive for a while, i really like this adhesive, it comes with bottle of latex too, they work our really expensive, but i think it is 1 of the best adhesives specified for glass mosaic, bisazza epoxy grout it,s actually similar to other epoxy's, so you can use any make epoxy grout for them, other then that you can buy Mapei Adesilex p10, it works great with glass mosaic too
Good Luck!

Reaction score
Hi Jonny,

The archicoke has probs just picked up the Bisazza brochure and read that this is what Bisazza recommend - saves him a load of messing around looking for a sticky and grout to specify as it's done for him.:mad2:If you want to use your own, just ask him or the builder if you can, you'll very rarely be challenged - as long as you can assure them with literature from your manufacturer that it is suitable for glass mosaic, I would imagine you'll have no hassle:hurray:

W

White Room

Your'll find up liquid is sbr and the start just seems a bog standard powder, it's bissaza though.

I was taught to skim the walls with a tight coat with the adhesive to give it white back ground because a lot of the mosaic are glass.

D

Deleted member 18697

Hi Jonny, I am not sure about the adhesive but I have used the fill gel and it is not too bad to use. You get a cleaner that you add to your wiping bucket which makes it alot easier. It is a lot easier than the old types that I used with you. Having said that it probably doubles the time for grouting. Like this forum lark.

S

Spud

go with the architects spec and you cant go wrong the bisazza epoxy is excellent stuff to use, i highly rate it its important to use the shine cleaner when washing down and always go back the next morning to give it a final clean down with the shine cleaner to remove any lingering residues :thumbsup:

T

Terry Cottar

I think you will find that Bisazza only guarantee the installation if their Addy & Grout is used. Their latest epoxy is really very good you have more working time but it also takes longer to fully cure so make sure there are no other trades around when you are grouting with it because I have been called in twice recently to sort Bisazza problems with their epoxy grout

tel

W

White Room

The epoxy is'nt classed as full bodied one, so don't expect it to be fully waterproofed

Reply to best adhesive and grout for bisazza mosaic in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen