Search the forum,

Discuss Batons, levels, trackers in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Tiling is very much about the preparation you put in, all the hard work should be done behind the tiles.
Get that right and it’s easy really.

Have you tried local bathroom/kitchen companies to see if they would take you on?
I had someone very much like you come to me 5 years ago who had been on an intensive 2 week course and had very basic skills, but working with us he has turned into a really good, skilled tiler and I’m glad I took him on.

It will take time but if you carry on producing work to this standard there will come a time when someone won’t be fobbed off by excuses and won’t pay the bill.
And trust me those days really hurt!

W

Waluigi

Depends on the room. Small rooms like Bathrooms where your line of sight on the expansion joint is higher up, I believe you can get away with what looks like a smaller silicone bead on the joint. It can be exactly the same size gap as if you were cutting the floor to the wall but it appears smaller due to your perspective.

T

Time's Ran Out

If you are charging as a professional tiler then the customer should expect a first class job, no lips, set out right and no blaming other trades as to a less than perfect finish. If a wall is bumpy or squint then it’s up to the tiler to sort or inform customer to get sorted before carrying on. Maybe would be better to team up with an experienced professional tiler to gain essential experience.

I’ve been saying this for years!

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Not always though surely? i'm doing a hexagon mosaic floor at the moment and I certainly won't put the bottom course in before the floor.

Must admit I’ve not used batons in years. I tile floor first then cut my first row in.

Reply to Batons, levels, trackers in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen