Search the forum,

Discuss Batons, levels, trackers in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

hmtiling

I prefer to do the walls excluding bottom course, the floor then bottom course. I bought rubi stands and got a bit of grief of a certain someone :p

W

Waluigi

I tend to knock a straight edge into the wall, or level.

If it’s passing across tanking then I still bang a nail in. Then pop a bit more tanking over the hole before I tile.

If you’re worried about the tanking then cut a piece of batten between your straight edge and the top of the shower tray/Bath/wet Dec etc.

Bond

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I tend to screw timber legs onto battens, from floor,
Bath, shower etc. If I’ve breached wall tanking with nail etc, fill hole with silicone.

I

Italy

does not anyone use them?
maybe there are lower

20180802_115642.jpg

W

Waluigi

Cool idea. How do the straight edges stay on or do you get a row in first so you have something to push against?

acaciaguy

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I do walls down to baton. Floor tiles then bottom row of wall. I tend to us wooded baton but am interested in a metal system - save the trees and all

Last edited:

Reply to Batons, levels, trackers in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen