Search the forum,

Discuss Bathroom wooden floor needs leveling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

postie

Hi all
Got a bathroom floor to do soon ,the plywood is already down but there is a high spot in the floor near the edge ,when puting my spirit level across the floor from the high spot i would have to raise the floor to almost 20 mm to keep it level with the edge.
Question is will it be ok to raise the floor up with SLC on a wooden floor by as much as i need to . or would it be ok to start tiling at the high point and have a slight angle on the edge tile towards the middle and then carry on tiling the rest of the floor as the floor is ok bar this high spot at the edge.

T

Turkish

What`s causing the high spot? Can you not take up the ply and see if it`s something you can remove from underneath? If you just tile from it you are gonna be eating through adhesive like nobodys business and 20mm is a big adhesive bed!

Turkish

Reply to Bathroom wooden floor needs leveling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen