Search the forum,

Discuss Bathroom Retile Tool Advice in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

dynamictiling

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Hi dynamictiling. I will be using a spirit level to check the walls. I do need a 1200mm level so an excuse to buy one.
Will not be starting in corner and the tiles I am using are or will be 330 x 250 ceramic. I think from what I have read they may be on the limit of tub adhesive. The only think I hope is if I have to use powder is mixing it consistent as never used it before. I would prefer for the one off job to use tub as I know it will be mixed correctly but if tub adhesive presents adhesion problems I will not use.
Thanks for advice

Reading the comment back. The spirit level was not a pop however getting a level Base makes the world of difference with tiling.

With regards to adhesive slow set for the walls- rapid set flexible for the floor.

Mixing the adhesive is easy. Just add a small amount of water, mix it with a trowel. For your 1st couple of pales it is better to mix a small amount as appose to a large amount, although most slow sets have 3-4 hour pot life.

Just a wee note. Remember and 'match' your adhesive colour to your grout. I.e using white grout- use white adhesive. You will thank me when it comes to grouting.

Best of luck mate :-D

T

trogre

No problem if anyone has a pop or has a laugh at my comments. I have a good sense of humour so bring it on, as long as no one minds a bit of flak coming their way
C:\Users\PETERJ~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif
.;););)

I will be using my Bosch laser level on the tripod to get the tiles straight but do need a 120cm sprit level anyway. I was surprised when I used my smaller level on kitchen wall how many dips & bumps there were so took my time in getting wall as flat as I could.

Things on bit of a hold at the moment, as well as trying to finish purchasing the rest of bathroom suite and all the stacks of bits you need to do the job had the usual pre Xmas disaster. Dishwasher died now the fridge has packed up!!, as well as saving up for a telescope but that is a different story!!

Did pop into tileflair to buy some mosaic tiles for a border which were in the sale. He showed me a Bellota Pop 60 R-C which looked a very sturdy cutter especially for my 250 x 330 ceramic tiles. I am still leaning in direction of a second hand Rubi TS40 as the base looks wider and spares are easier to get anywhere. Seen a few good ones on fleebay but nearly all over 2 hours drive which does not sense when you add on petrol, not so much of a bargain in the end, still will keep on looking

B

bcd-87

No problem if anyone has a pop or has a laugh at my comments. I have a good sense of humour so bring it on, as long as no one minds a bit of flak coming their way
.;););)

I will be using my Bosch laser level on the tripod to get the tiles straight but do need a 120cm sprit level anyway. I was surprised when I used my smaller level on kitchen wall how many dips & bumps there were so took my time in getting wall as flat as I could.

Things on bit of a hold at the moment, as well as trying to finish purchasing the rest of bathroom suite and all the stacks of bits you need to do the job had the usual pre Xmas disaster. Dishwasher died now the fridge has packed up!!, as well as saving up for a telescope but that is a different story!!

Did pop into tileflair to buy some mosaic tiles for a border which were in the sale. He showed me a Bellota Pop 60 R-C which looked a very sturdy cutter especially for my 250 x 330 ceramic tiles. I am still leaning in direction of a second hand Rubi TS40 as the base looks wider and spares are easier to get anywhere. Seen a few good ones on fleebay but nearly all over 2 hours drive which does not sense when you add on petrol, not so much of a bargain in the end, still will keep on looking
Which tile flair mate? Reading

Reply to Bathroom Retile Tool Advice in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen