Currently reading:
B&Q Select Marble Wall Tiles

Discuss B&Q Select Marble Wall Tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

cgadmin23

Hi everyone,

I have been reading some posts about marble tiles and what sort of preparation you need before tiling.

I have bought some B&Q Select Marble Wall Tiles which are 305mm x 305mm x 10mm. I don't know the weight yet as they haven't arrived.

I will be removing the existing tiles from the wall and then tiling the new marble ones.

Of course as a rookie I never gave any thought to the requirements needed! :oops:

I expect that the wall has a plaster covering of sorts and would like to know my options.

This is my first tiling job so any advice would be appreciated.

Regards

Chris

W

wivers

If its a plaster wall mate there shouldn't be too much trouble with the walls after you take the tiles off. You may have to chip offf some of the old addy or bond over some holes if the tiles have clung well.

If the walls turn out to be skimmed plasterboard though, you may find that you'll need to replace the boards coz removing the tiles can ripp the hell outa them

Whats the tiling like on the walls now is it sound?

Reply to B&Q Select Marble Wall Tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room but my wife likes the idea of a feature wall tile and then a grey / white tile on the other 3...
Replies
Views
I'm searching for 42 pieces of 12" x 12" Verde Alpi marble tiles. Preferably honed. 12" x 24" could work also. I am in San Diego, CA, USA, so would need packaging and shipment if not local. here...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.