Search the forum,

Discuss Ardex C2 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Q

quick draw macgraw

I,ve been given a free bag of ardex c2 grout and want to use it but would prefer to use flexi additive with it like the bal gt1, what is the additive for this grout and who stocks it in the north east.

Thanks Steve

G

grumpygrouter

I,ve been given a free bag of ardex c2 grout and want to use it but would prefer to use flexi additive with it like the bal gt1, what is the additive for this grout and who stocks it in the north east.

Thanks Steve
Ardex E101. Don't leave it on the tiles to long though, sticks like you wouldn't believe!

CTD should do it!

Grumpy

Q

quick draw macgraw

Hi Grumpy how long is too long and can you not weaken it slightly to lessen the stickyness but still add extra flexibility?

Thanks Steve.

G

Grace'sDad

As with GT1 and any admix I suppose - if you dilute it to reduce one property then you are reducing all the properties?

G

grumpygrouter

Hi Grumpy how long is too long and can you not weaken it slightly to lessen the stickyness but still add extra flexibility?

Thanks Steve.
Hi Steve, i think the C2 bag says you have about an hour before you need to clean up. If you add E101, I would definately not leave it any longer than 15mins max. It is a real bar steward to get off........

This is assuming you dilute 1:1 with water as recommended. I have only ever used it this way so I couldn't comment on different ratios.

Grumpy

Q

quick draw macgraw

Thanks grumpy its only that its for kitchen splashback and i only want to impart slightly more flex to account for extra heat around cooker etc. Steve.

D

DHTiling

Steve if you are just wanting to add a little extra strength/flex to the grout then just add a little bit to the water.....its not like you are grouting a floor and need to mix it stronger is it...:thumbsup:

G

grumpygrouter

Thanks grumpy its only that its for kitchen splashback and i only want to impart slightly more flex to account for extra heat around cooker etc. Steve.
You won't need the 101 in that case Steve unless you are fixing porcelain. Pile straight in without it.

Here is a data sheet-> broken link removed

Grumpy

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Perry

1 in 1 is what they say but they don't put nowhere near that amount in there ready mixed grouts and adhesives that is why putting the admixes in yourselves are a better spec the more u put in the harder it is to get off but the more flexable it is, its knowing how flexable you need it :pete

Reply to Ardex C2 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen