Search the forum,

Discuss Applying silicon along shower texture tile in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com.

J

Jon E

Hi
My client has chosen 2 types of tile which require silicon applied to seal the shower tray . Along one side of the shower tray the textured tile makes the nozzle on the silicon gun go in and out as you run along the shower tray edge making a neat straight application troublesome, especially as the tray is grey and the silicon white. Has anyone got any tips on achieving a satisfactory result. The only thing I can think of is mask the tray? Thanks in advance.

F

Flintstone

Hello, a good silicone profile tool will help keep the line consistent, but it will follow the shapes of a tile if it is wavy etc, what is the tile? Personally I don't use masking tape so can't comment on that

J

Jon E

Thanks for your reply mate, yep, would normally use the profiling tool myself tbh, got some spare tile so will see the best way ahead...thanks again

Reply to Applying silicon along shower texture tile in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen