Search the forum,

Discuss Any top tips for brick effect in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

sarahjayne

Just about to do first brick effect on kitchen splashback. any top tips!!!! (using brick shaped tiles):huh2:

D

DHTiling

hello sarah.......check to see if the wall is flat..( it will help)...

When you set off tiling use a level to keep checking your first row is flat then the same with each proceeding row from that..this will prevent you getting any kicks or shadowing on the cross joining........

Centre the hob/cooker area and the window, and try to get the brick effect to follow in any corners etc...........same as any other tiling really but just watch those rows are kept flat.........

good luck...

L

LM Ceramics

with brickbond spot any lips on the tiles it is important to get rid of any lipers

H

hrgj3270

i would always start with a whole tile off the work tops and finish with the cuts if any under the bottoms of the cupboards.

hope this helps
H

W

White Room

If your,ve got any lighting under the wall units turn them on while your working and when you grout aswell, The small fluorescence bulbs will show the smallest fault in your grouting

H

hillhead

Good advice above Sarah,keep em flat on wall,if walls are bent then use a deeper trowel in the low spots(or in spots! lol)
Joe.
:thumbsup:

Reply to Any top tips for brick effect in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. As title suggests. Used to use this forum a while back but seems my account was deleted...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen