Search the forum,

Discuss Another cscs question. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

Billy Hunt

Hi guys,I,m taking my cscs health and safety test next week,the experienced worker one,As i,m doing it for tiling work does anybody know if i can use this card to get on sites to do other work as i,m also a door and window fitter which isnt a recognised trade,would it also cover me to do labouring work? cheers guys:thumbsup:

S

Spud

once you have a cs cs card you will be allowed on site to do manual work as a general site operative you will have passed the health and safety test and after being inducted on the site the sites legal responsibilties have been met by making sure you are working safely and are aware of all the hazards on site you wont be allowed to operate any plant like diggers and dumpers and forklifts unless you have passed the relevant training for these

C

ChaseTiling

Your CSCS card will have printed on the back of it what you are comptetent to do (proven with an NVQ). If you are caught doing anything else other than what is on the back of the card, you will be for the high jump from the HSE.

For those without an NVQ, you will need to register onto one to get your red 'trainee' card. You can then operate in your trade whilst gaining your NVQ. Upgrade to a blue one when you have your NVQ.

For those not wanting to do an NVQ, you can get a green CSCS card, which allows you to be on site as a general operative (labourer).

This is in addition to your site induction / tool box talks etc :)

Ant
Chase Tiling Academy

Reply to Another cscs question. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen