Search the forum,

Discuss Alpine Tiling Closure, But Left With No Nvq. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

T

The D

No I am just pointing out that it looks like those pcs was took on the same day or two or three of them was and then another two or three next time and that makes me doubt the evidence so I would have to ask for more and in order to complete the NVQ quickly with the minimum fuss the evidence needs to be beyond question. cover all the criteria you can in one pic rather than having to keep taking pics of the same task.

As I have said I am not knocking him just trying to help him see things from an assessment prospective.

J

jonrkirk

All the photos were taken over the 5 week course. And i haven't uploaded them in the correct order in which the work was done. And as for the t-shirts, i only have a few old t-shirts which i washed and used on different days in the week. I'm sure that you are not questioning whether i did the work and just pointing out how an a NVQ assessor might see it. But i thought i would explain a reasoning to your questions for other people reading this thread.

J

jonrkirk

I have been in contact with City and Guilds and today they have confirmed via email that I am no where on there system. But what concerns me the most, is that they have got no records of Gary Sheffield or Alpine Tiling as a recognized provider or assessor of City and guilds. This news has infuriated me. I don't want Tilers Forum to take this the wrong way. But I first heard about Alpine through this forum and felt as it was a Sponsor of the web site it would be a reputable company. I think this is a great web site and very helpful in many ways. But they should in future make sure that there sponsors are the real deal and not some company just trying to get your money.:thumbsdown:

M

Max@ableskills

I have been in contact with City and Guilds and today they have confirmed via email that I am no where on there system. But what concerns me the most, is that they have got no records of Gary Sheffield or Alpine Tiling as a recognized provider or assessor of City and guilds. This news has infuriated me. I don't want Tilers Forum to take this the wrong way. But I first heard about Alpine through this forum and felt as it was a Sponsor of the web site it would be a reputable company. I think this is a great web site and very helpful in many ways. But they should in future make sure that there sponsors are the real deal and not some company just trying to get your money.:thumbsdown:

If you were registered onto an NVQ it would have been with cskills (part of the citb) not city and guilds. Cskills is an alliance with city and guilds that will cease on 18th July 2013. At present city and guilds do not have anything to do with wall and floor tiling NVQs although this will change in the very near future.

So i would contact cskills and explain your situation to them.

Let us know how you get on

J

jonrkirk

Hi Max, and thanks for joining in on the thread. This afternoon I contacted C-skills and yet again it has led me to a dead end. They told me that they have got no record of me, Gary Sheffield or Alpine tiling on there system. I don't like to speak badly of the dead. But i feel really let down by Gary as he came across as a really nice and genuine guy or maybe I am just to much of a trusting person and should be more careful.
An expensive lesson:frown5:

T

The D

I called Oliver from C skills my self today to see if he could find out what was going on but he said the same thing Alpine was not an approved centre.

I know you are feeling a bit had in the bag at the moment but the money you have paid was in line with what people are paying for basic training and that is what you got.

The problem as I see it is that private centres should be stopped from advertising there (training courses) as a root to the NVQ qualification. It is confusing and misleading. People are being led to believe they can go from being a novice and do a six week tiling course and they will get an NVQ2 this is untrue no mater how much spin is put on it.

There was a centre a few year back that was doing this but they was shut down and investigated for fraud.

J

jonrkirk

I called Oliver from C skills my self today to see if he could find out what was going on but he said the same thing Alpine was not an approved centre.

I know you are feeling a bit had in the bag at the moment but the money you have paid was in line with what people are paying for basic training and that is what you got.

The problem as I see it is that private centres should be stopped from advertising there (training courses) as a root to the NVQ qualification. It is confusing and misleading. People are being led to believe they can go from being a novice and do a six week tiling course and they will get an NVQ2 this is untrue no mater how much spin is put on it.

There was a centre a few year back that was doing this but they was shut down and investigated for fraud.

Deanotile I really appreciate it, how much you have gone out of your way to help. Just goes to show that there are still some decent people out there. :thumbsup:

M

Max@ableskills

Hi Max, and thanks for joining in on the thread. This afternoon I contacted C-skills and yet again it has led me to a dead end. They told me that they have got no record of me, Gary Sheffield or Alpine tiling on there system. I don't like to speak badly of the dead. But i feel really let down by Gary as he came across as a really nice and genuine guy or maybe I am just to much of a trusting person and should be more careful.
An expensive lesson:frown5:

Sorry to hear that.

In the past we have had a few former trainees from alpine here to gain the nvq which tells me that it was probably something that they never offered.

One of the guys (who is a forum member) gained his NVQ via the EWPA route as he could demonstrate that he had been working within the industry for over 5 years.

Reply to Alpine Tiling Closure, But Left With No Nvq. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen