Search the forum,

Discuss Advice re grouting brick slips (slim bricks) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

N

Norwich

Hi I am in the process of adhering these real brick tiles to my bathroom wall. They are 230x75x20 (lxhxd) and am leaving a 10-12ml gap between the brick tiles. I want to use a Limestone Coloured grout and am looking at Bal Wide Joint and Bal Superflex Wide Joint. Can anyone recommend which product I should use or a better alternative?

H

hillhead

Welcome Norwich.I wouldn't go above 10mm personally,I have even got away with 8mm and looked great.Use a grout your familiar with? I don't use bal so can't comment.Even a good mortar joint looks great.

N

Norwich

Thanks for the advice, any idea how many kgs of grout for 300 brick slips? I would use sand and cement but am worried about getting the colour right

I

Ian

What is the square meterage of the area you are covering? It'll be easier to work out the grout quantity from that. Welcome along to the forum.

N

Norwich

Yes about 5 sq metres. I notice on the website we bought the tiles from (Reclaimed brick-tiles) that they sell Tilemaster Wide Joint Floor Grout and recommend using Flexmaster with it. I don't think it would work out any cheaper than Bal and all the blogs I have read say that Bal is the best ? Do you have an opinion? By the way, thank you for taking the time to help.

I

Ian

BAL is the only grout I use so the only one I can give a review of, as you can probably guess I rate it highly as it's what I use everyday! Mapei is also top quality stuff but i've only used it a hand full of times so am not really in a position to compare. You will need a fair amount of grout if you are having 10mm joints, the wide joint superflex comes in 20kg bags and I'd say you will need 2 bags, possibly even a 3rd.

N

Norwich

Brian, thank you for confirming my thoughts on the make to use....I will go with Bal. I can only find 10kg bags, do you mean that I will need 2 (maybe 3) of these?

I

Ian

Where are you getting your grout from? What suppliers are local to you? I'd say at least 2x20kg bags, so 40kg.

Reply to Advice re grouting brick slips (slim bricks) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen