Search the forum,

Discuss Advice please - Prep/do I need to prime? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rosco

I did a 2 week tiling course back in October and I'm just about to start my first Job - tiling my brothers nice new kitchen/diner, walls(between units) and the floor.
The walls have been plastered and had a coat of emulsion. Now on the course I'm sure they said DO NOT tile onto emulsion and if in doubt always prime(obviously not with PVA). Having spoke to my mate who actually fitted the kitchen and did the building work - he said to just score the walls and off you go!

So do I need to sand off as much emulsion as poss, then prime OR just score the walls?

I've got 100x100 ceramics going up and I'm using BAL Green Star ready mix with BAL white powdered grout - does this sound OK?

:huh2:

Cheers in advance for any advice!

Reply to Advice please - Prep/do I need to prime? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for advice on fixing a few problems that a professional left me with. He of course has not responded to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm planning to tile my kitchen floor with 8mm porcelain floor tiles (660x440mm). My kitchen floor is...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.