Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Advice on heated floor curbless marble steam shower in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hey guys new member here I've been tile for almost 8 years I have a customer that would like a curbless steam shower with marble tiles floor to ceiling and electric heat system underneath these tiles. This will be my first steam shower I Do by myself just wondering advice on the best waterproofing system to use and also any tips or helpful advice from people experienced and installing them

Kevbos

Arms
Reaction score
Hey guys new member here I've been tile for almost 8 years I have a customer that would like a curbless steam shower with marble tiles floor to ceiling and electric heat system underneath these tiles. This will be my first steam shower I Do by myself just wondering advice on the best waterproofing system to use and also any tips or helpful advice from people experienced and installing them
Really I'd advise them against the use of marble full stop !! Steam rooms are not to be messed with as the water is of the finest kind !! It will penetrate any weakness !! Marble is a natural product and it won't stand up well to a steam room !! Use a wedi board or equivalent and tape joints with the waterproof jointing system !I d use mapei wps waterproofing system and do 2 coats

Reply to Advice on heated floor curbless marble steam shower in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock