Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss A very sad day... in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
just sold my beloved motor bike....

bike 004.jpg

all my mates i used to go out with, sold there bikes, and it wasn't much fun going out on my own, so i wasnt using it as much as i would of liked to, so i made my mind up to sell it.....could of cried when the bloke picked it up this evening

MSN-Emoticon-crying-038.gif

still might get myself another run around with some of the money, looking at a cruiser now the knees arnt getting any better, and the kids want to come out with me too...

you ever sold anything you found hard to part with......car, van, bike...tools.

Reaction score
That picture looks great Andy !!, my son has just passed some kind of learner test and is going to buy a 125cc bike much to our horror and i even had bikes myself !!!!!!........

F

Fliselege

I had an Opel SWB Frontera ragtop, had it 7 years, kept it mint but had to sell it when I moved here, wanted to bring it with me but it was worth £1500 tops in glasses guide, and to bring it her was £4 grand import tax to put Nog plates on it, plus I'd have had to buy 4 wheels for the 4 new winter tyres I need 6 months of the year, paid to have the lights come on with ignition, paid to have new front headlights supplied and fitted, and the steering wheel was wrong side anyway, and to be honest what use is a ragtop in Norway, so my cousin sold it for the £1500 it was said to be worth after I left, gutted, loved that car. The Laguna behind it was mine too, glad to see the back of that!!!
143_7743481759_2710_n.jpg

W

White Room

Had to get rid of an old Nissan Urvan, that was a fantastic van but age caught up with it...only good for scrap at the end though.

I

Ian

Had to sell my mondeo St200 when I went self employed 6 years ago, needed the money to fund the van and tools, it gutted me! It was absolutely mint. I'm looking around for another one at the mo, clean ones are really hard to find.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372188195.769738.jpg

C

Concrete guy

I had a Range Rover, a 1988 Vogue Auto in Caspian Blue which I restored completely then had a 5.0 TVR V8 fitted in it, uprated suspension & stainless steel exhaust. Outwardly looked completely factory standard.

It was lovely, it was the only time I've ever felt sad selling a vehicle. I'd owned it 7 years and had a huge lump in my throat as I watched it drive away.

T

Time's Ran Out

Sold a flat I did up as a batchelor - firemans pole down to my mums house for tea, built in bed on duplex style layout ready to impress girlfriend - then got married had 2 kids and moved!
Doubled my money to soften the blow but increased mortgage on next house and took another 20 years to clear it!
Still live next door after 35 years and never set a foot back in it! Wife no1 still talks fondly of it.

M

Mr T

My first car was a 1.2 corsa il post a pic when im on the comp but it was brilliant... I had it a year and the m.o.t revealed the whole front of the underside had corroded and would cost more than the cars worth to fix and was no guarantee it would last past the next m.o.t... So had to scrap it. Was competely gutted to say the least.

Reply to A very sad day... in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks