Search the forum,

Discuss A thumbs up to british tile manufacturing. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

Nice to see a british company fighting back at importing and the recession.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_OB59CtlHU]YouTube - 29 01 2009 12 41 53 BBC2 Working Lunch British Ceramic Tile Co[/ame]

M

Matt

BCT have been bringing out some really nice tiles. We have just got a few new ranges in that are nice. Good prices too

C

Colour Republic

It's a shame we don't have the industry we had. I'd like to see glazed edges as standard back on the market:mad2:

A

arthurdaley

It is good to see British manufacturing, but 3 people to run that site!! not exactly a boost for the local economy, l know the materials are supplied locally which in turn helps employment, but its sad to see the demise of human labour to automation, long gone are the days of mass employment which would keep local communities thriving. Local skills lost forever.

U

user123

Oh, that is just heartwarming and encouraging and inspirational! It may just need 3 people in that particular hall but over 300 jobs in total isn't bad, is it, and I admire the bravery and planning that must go into such a huge outfit! Much nicer to buy British, especially when cheaper imports usually mean slave labour type conditions. I hope the tile shops will be supportive and put a notice up for the customers to see that these tiles are 'made in Britain'. :thumbsup:

A

arthurdaley

Don't get me wrong, l think its great having our own manufacturing, lm all for it, but lm at an age where l can remember this country being one of the largest manufacturers of goods in the world, our engineering was the envy of the world, apprenticeships in skilled labour were readily available, when l look in our local paper your lucky if you see one advertised, but slowly and surely the government of the day sold our industries off, the point l was trying to make is how things have changed and the impact it has on local communities.

Reply to A thumbs up to british tile manufacturing. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
  • Article
123 Year Old Johnson Tiles Factory to Close Down Causing 110 Job Losses 123 Year Old Johnson...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen