Search the forum,

Discuss 1st silicone job in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

Any tips on removing the old stuff? -cheers

How about this baby from tradetiler..

Delta Silicone Cutter

Make really fast work of stripping away old silicone with the unique Delta Silicone Cutter. Approved by the Confederation for Technical Supervision (TÜV)

Has 2 replaceable blades rigidly mounted at right angles. Double edge designed for quick and thorough removal of flexible sealing compounds such as - Silicone Acryl or sealant etc.

Ideal for removing sealant in internal corners with approximate angle of 90°

MUST ONLY BE USED adjacent to hard materials such as:
- Ceramics
- Marble
- Granite
- Tiles
- Glass
- Basically anything a knife will not penetrate

NOT TO BE USED adjacent to other materials such as:
- All kinds of plastics (e.g. windows and doors)
- Acrylic showers
- Acrylic baths
- Wooden products
- Basically anything soft a knife will damage

Warning very sharp blades!

Includes:
- 2 x blades
- Blade instaltion tool
- Clip on blade guard

Made in Germany

Price: £19.95 £22.94 Including VAT at 15%

O

obobsmith

I use fairy liquid because it gives a really smooth finish, sticking your finger in your gob is just not on, a small cup with washing up liquid in it, do your joints with the silicone and smooth off with a fairy finger ( no jokes please ) I have been siliconing for years and always want to get a perfect result, if you are unsure about siliconing you could try cornertape

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sticking your finger in your gob is def not on, microbes in spit grow in silicone and as far as I was aware chemicals in the silicone are potential carcenogens. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

B

Big-Smudge

Try this,

It can be used around all areas i.e,

Baths, showers, worktops and tiles of course,

Comes with its own sharpening stone, the blades have been angled to prevent gorging, as you can see it has 3 blades to suite however you use it.

The full retail cost is only £9.99 inc vat at 15%, retailers offer trade discounts.

Pro-remover.jpg

The only downside is that you can't open a bottle of beer with it:8:, rest assurred we are working to rectify this problem:smilewinkgrin:

DSC00104.jpg

Cheers
Andy

Reply to 1st silicone job in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.