I'm Looking For This Tile Wooliscott floor tiles

Currently reading:
I'm Looking For This Tile Wooliscott floor tiles

Discuss Wooliscott floor tiles in the Free Discontinued Tile Finding Service area at TilersForums.com.

T

Tile Shop

Wasn't that an offshoot of Johnson's tiles?

No it was Pilkingtons. Dorset Wooliscroft is still going, owned by Original Style now. But they don't do the old Multi-versatile anymore (smooth on one side, studded on the other) which was their flagship to beat all flagships. Colour wise I don't remember flame. They did Rustic which was a combinatuion of red, mixed with a bit of brown and mustard.

Check this link and see if an alternative is available:

Slip Resistant Floor Tiles | Dorset Woolliscroft - http://www.dorsetwoolliscroft.com/

T

Tom bowe

No it was Pilkingtons. Dorset Wooliscroft is still going, owned by Original Style now. But they don't do the old Multi-versatile anymore (smooth on one side, studded on the other) which was their flagship to beat all flagships. Colour wise I don't remember flame. They did Rustic which was a combinatuion of red, mixed with a bit of brown and mustard.

Check this link and see if an alternative is available:

Slip Resistant Floor Tiles | Dorset Woolliscroft - http://www.dorsetwoolliscroft.com/

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
That's it!

I remember that multiversatile! Had a horrible green / grey colour and then the red.

Used to have a display board checkerboard style and customers used to order it and want it like that, one tile the right to way up and the ones around it the other way up. Tilers used to hate it as it needed different amounts of adhesive under them depending on which way up lol

T

Tom bowe

Picture enclosed 1489402080229-677452335.jpg
1489402080229-677452335.jpg

T

Tile Shop

Autumn Blend was the Daniel Platts Crown

That picture is the Rustic.

Doubt anyone will have those anymore. Production stopped at least 15 years ago, and that was one range that was not carried on by Original Style.

Reclaim yards or Antiques Roadshow might be the only option to get the exact tile, or a plain tile in the same size as a contrast.

Thinking outside the box, one other thing that might work as a temporary fix (will not give a 100% lasting finish) and it will take a bit of artistry.

Get the plain red dorsets, then buy a mixture of Mapei Fuga Fresca in Chocolate and Yellow (test a tile before fitting) and dab the tiles with it to get the correct appearance.

The tiles have a moisture absorption rate of less than 0.5%, but the pigment may "stain" just enough to give you the right effect until you come to re-tile the whole area.

I've just dabbed a tile in it to see if it works. I'll leave it to dry and see if it takes and report back later today. (I only have the anthracite though so don't expect it to look like the rustic)

Reply to Wooliscott floor tiles in the Free Discontinued Tile Finding Service area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for tiling.I have removed the floor boards and plan to lay 18mm WBP plywood.The question is, what...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have sliding shower doors. The tiles are 600x1200 blue/grey onyx style which I would like to look like one...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them. Price seems good for the tiles I need, but I need a large number of porcelain tiles for an external...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in preparation for tiling. A couple of days after there's a lot of very fine cracks which have appeared, you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement