Search the forum,

Discuss Will they stay stuck? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

davo66

Any opinions whether there appears to be enough adhesive behind my tiles to keep them stuck to the wall of my shower cubicle, and prevent water ingress behind the tiles?

As can be seen I’ve removed one of the offending tiles to show how the adhesive doesn’t go all the way to the tile edges, especially at the corners. My question is whether the rest of the offending tiles need to be removed and replaced, before grouting?

This is sent as a follow up to a previous post on this forum about whether this job was at risk of leaking:
"looks-like-could-leaky-one"

cheers,

Davo

D

davo66

Sorry about the rubbish photo – the maximum size allowed appears to be a paltry 9.8kb.

To me, it looks as though the adhesive has been dabbed onto the tile in two large dollops , then pressed onto the wall where it has spread out covering most of the surface, but not quite to the edges.

D

davo66

Charlie,

From just looking at the joints I couldn’t see the extent of the problem, only that the adhesive hadn’t reached the edges of some tiles. A sample tile therefore needed to be removed to assess how much adhesive had actually been used.

D

davo66

take the tiles off if they have been dotted and dabbed or you will have trouble,that is not the right way to fix tiles

Would you say it looks like it's been dot and dabbed from the attached photo? - the tiles are green and the adhesive is the grey splodge, which kind of looks like a number 8 on its side. The slightly darker area of grey in the corners are free from adhesive

S

stusgsx

From what I can see of the pic it looks like you have a good 90% coverage on the tile. I should think grout will fill the voids in the corners. I wouldn't rip the whole lot off just yet

D

davo66

try this for on line resize try 350pixel setting - Resize Images online

i use this one installed on pc, just drag and drop photo, and will reduce automatically - Batch Picture Resize

Thanks Steve, I've managed to create a better photo (by cropping) but now I am unable to upload it as I only have 4.2kb left from the 9.8Kb allocation and there doesn't appear to be any way of removing the originally posted photo under the attachment management window.

Sorry to be a dimbo, but I don't suppose you know of any way to remove a picture from a post?

C

charlie1

As above, looks like pretty good coverage although I think we are only seing half the tile? Ps, I'd be furious as a tiler if a customer decided to take my work apart. Hope this all works out for you and the tiler.

Reply to Will they stay stuck? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen