Discuss Where do you guys buy quality tiles? Please.. in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi all,

No doubt a simple question for many so hoping for some advice. I'm at a complete loss as to where I should be buying quality subway/metro tiles. I was going with Topps and then I read some bad stories regarding quality. CTD has plenty, but I've no idea of the quality. Then there's Mandarin Stone (long delivery times) and Fired Earth, but their Metro/Subways all need sealing (is this even an issue)

I'm after a basic 200x100 white tile, preferably one which I can purchase matching trim (pencil or bullnose). So where have you bought quality without issues such as being bent, biscuit showing or pain in removing packaging (transport glue).

Again, basic question but you guys would be massively helping me out. First time tiling and I don't want it made any more of a challenge than it already will be.

All the best and thanks in advance.

G

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I use CTD. 👍. Great service.
As for matching pencil/ bullnosed tiles. They are a thing of the past tbh. You can get listello’s and dado tiles but usually just the victorian styles.

Reaction score
I use CTD. 👍. Great service.
As for matching pencil/ bullnosed tiles. They are a thing of the past tbh. You can get listello’s and dado tiles but usually just the victorian styles.

Thanks Dave, appreciate it.

Fired Earth do a range with pencils etc. but they require sealing. Is this something you'd avoid for a shower wall?

Reaction score
Ceramic. Spoke with them and apparently they advise sealing as a couple of customers have noted absorption in showers.

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Ceramic. Spoke with them and apparently they advise sealing as a couple of customers have noted absorption in showers.

Some ceramic can absorb through the finished surface. So using an impregnator will help , lifespan of the sealer depends on products used to clean , a regular maintenance plan will be required

Reaction score
thanks mate. Appreciate the advice. I’ve decided I’m going to get the flat metro from CTD and attempt to mitre the corners. Don’t like the look of the trims I’ve seen and I’m not convinced using a trim at the niche will look good. I’ve seen a 5 min mitre vid on YouTube, how hard can it be......
obviously joking but I’ll be giving it a go anyway!

Reply to Where do you guys buy quality tiles? Please.. in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks