Search the forum,

Discuss what latex? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

tommynett

hi there new member on this site! just a quick one , i am a floorlayer but not really a ceramic tiler, and have a job that someone wants me to latex over devi ufh mats (concrete screed) does it matter what compound i use like say arditex ,fball or tremco???
any help appreciated.

D

doug boardley

as long as it's a flexible slc (self levelling componnd) you'll be fine, just make sure that your concrete is dust free so that you can tape your ufh down to it so that it doesn't float to the top when you lay your slc over your devi.

T

Time's Ran Out

:welcome:tommy - I use a stiff mix of fast set flexible tile adhesive (Keraquick) with a rubber squeegee to fix the mat down first - then a coat of Mapei Fibreplan to cover the wires and self level.

T

tommynett

does it need to be a fibreplan latex or can i use any two part smoothing compound?

T

Time's Ran Out

What's going over the surface?
Tiles/wood/vinyl!
I just like the finish of Fibreplan.

T

tommynett

sorry! ceramic tiles over concrete screed, i just assumed i only need fibre reinforced for a wood floor?

T

Time's Ran Out

From my experience the fibreplan tolerates the movement from temperature variation better - no cracking of the screed.
There are other competitively priced fibre enhanced screeds available.

Reaction score
It may be worth recommending to your customer to lay insulation boards first as the heat will only sink downwards into the concrete and thus making the heating uneconomical. I use Instarmac Level it one compound which is ok for underfloor heating plus you can go upto a thickness of 50mm in one hit which is a bonus! :thumbsup:

Reply to what latex? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen