Currently reading:
well things are looking up..

Discuss well things are looking up.. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rookery

well this morning I decided to start calling around my local bathroom showrooms offering a free service tiling there bays in return for some of the tiling work that comes his way... the first place I called the owner replied telling me how they are in need of a tiler and to go in tmoz to look at a contract with him lol
Be confident in your meeting. You dont want to give them the impression you havent much experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Mr Tiler

yeh mate the forums helped me more than any work experience I wouldn't have a fraction of the knowledge I have now if it wasn't for the site and the good folk on it... I cant start pushing for any real work atm though I even have to explain to this guy that im still on jobseekers and cant do any paid work over 16hrs lol but if hes not interested I will just have to leave this stuff until I am actually trading. still have to learn how to run a business which I am in the process of doing with my mentor who seems like a nice chap met him yesterday gave me some work to do towards my goals over the next 12 months its a bit hard to get me head round atm but il get there. cheers paul

O

Old Mod

whheeeeyyyy!!! well I took some pics of my work (not from google) and he was very impressed. I have a bay to do 2 Mondays from now can not wait got to rip it all out and tile (for free). I had originally offered to tile 5 bays for free but after seeing my work he said I can do the first for free and after that if he is impressed I will get paid for the others.
Well done Ash, good luck m8!

R

Rookery

whheeeeyyyy!!! well I took some pics of my work (not from google) and he was very impressed. I have a bay to do 2 Mondays from now can not wait got to rip it all out and tile (for free). I had originally offered to tile 5 bays for free but after seeing my work he said I can do the first for free and after that if he is impressed I will get paid for the others.
Take your time and get it spot on, no matter how long they take. If they're not spot on, you wont get the others, paid or otherwise and it'll be a big set-back to your confidence. If you hear yourself saying "that'll do", hit yourself over the head several times.
Good luck and dont forget we're here to help you.

M

Mr Tiler

Take your time and get it spot on, no matter how long they take. If they're not spot on, you wont get the others, paid or otherwise and it'll be a big set-back to your confidence. If you hear yourself saying "that'll do", hit yourself over the head several times.
Good luck and dont forget we're here to help you.

yep even he said he doesn't care if it takes me 2 days or 2 weeks he just wants it presentable to customers... I have to rip out the old bay first so see how that goes I don't have too much experience in ripping out but it seems pretty straight forward lol. the floor has already been tiled twice so now I have to take it all up and he also wants the walls taken down I think hopefully he does then it means me being able to re-board it all and get it all flat,level and square... he showed me one bay he wasn't happy with it wasn't the worst but there was a fair bit of lippage so as long as I do better than that I should be on the rite track cheers

M

Mr Tiler

a big thank you to sir ramic went down his house today and he gave me a load of his old tools some really good stuff in there even got me a mapei selection kit for grouts and silicone... and a t-shirt! just having a mess through it all now I even now have a cool dewalt radio!!!! lol thanks Neale forgot to say earlier hope you have a great time in Egypt thanks again mate your a star! :thumbsup::party:

CJ

TF
Arms
Somerset
Have you got this book Ash?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 44

Reply to well things are looking up.. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement