Search the forum,

Discuss well things are looking up.. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

R

RDTiling

Glad to hear things are on the 'up' Ash.

the hardest thing I found when trying to start out was funding -it would appear that once you reach 30, you are too old to start your own business and/or don't need funding.

in the end, I dipped into personal savings to get a van and some tools to get me started. I've gradually added to the tool chest as I've needed them.

It's different for me, as I still work 4 days in an office whilst I find my feet and get the essential experience and portfolio required to go full time. Because I am still employed, funding is pretty much non existent!

I think I've said this before, but start out with smaller jobs and then build up from there.

Good luck matey
Rich :thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 9966

Ignore me, I thought I'd come across something useful for you Ash, but I've mis-read what it was. Sorry.

D

Deleted member 9966

I'm always here, just haven't always got something to say... unlike that gasbag Bri... :smilewinkgrin:

M

Mr Tiler

Glad to hear things are on the 'up' Ash.

the hardest thing I found when trying to start out was funding -it would appear that once you reach 30, you are too old to start your own business and/or don't need funding.

in the end, I dipped into personal savings to get a van and some tools to get me started. I've gradually added to the tool chest as I've needed them.

It's different for me, as I still work 4 days in an office whilst I find my feet and get the essential experience and portfolio required to go full time. Because I am still employed, funding is pretty much non existent!

I think I've said this before, but start out with smaller jobs and then build up from there.

Good luck matey
Rich :thumbsup:
Yeh im pretty lucky i have decided to do it when i have mate. Im happy with the work being slow for the first year or so i just want to make a start lol. Main thing is not to take on too big a job for now so thats also going to slow work down. Cheers rich :thumbsup:

- - - Updated - - -

I'm always here, just haven't always got something to say... unlike that gasbag Bri... :smilewinkgrin:
Haha fairplay

I

Ian

I've just got so much to say! Anyhow, haven't you got some ironing or hoovering you could be doing instead of being rude to me? :sofahide: :lol:

D

Deleted member 9966

I've just got so much to say! Anyhow, haven't you got some ironing or hoovering you could be doing instead of being rude to me? :sofahide: :lol:

not right now Bri, I'm saving the world at work at the moment. my job description should be rewritten to say Wonder Woman quite simply :grin:

M

Mr Tiler

well this morning I decided to start calling around my local bathroom showrooms offering a free service tiling there bays in return for some of the tiling work that comes his way... the first place I called the owner replied telling me how they are in need of a tiler and to go in tmoz to look at a contract with him lol

Q

Qwerty

well this morning I decided to start calling around my local bathroom showrooms offering a free service tiling there bays in return for some of the tiling work that comes his way... the first place I called the owner replied telling me how they are in need of a tiler and to go in tmoz to look at a contract with him lol

Well done ash :)

Reply to well things are looking up.. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen