Search the forum,

Discuss water drip marks on ceramics? also silicone residue in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

davemul

guys, I have some dried on soapy water drip marks that ive seen in low light on my ceramic tiles.. (from spraying soapy water on silcone )

These are proper hard work to rub out/off..
is there a specific product I can use to assist me? or a house hold liquid.. such as vinegar??? (will stink so dont really want to use that)

ALSO .... I have the odd silicone haze.. residue to contend with

any ideas for that too?

thanks
Dave

I

Ian

Try some neat LTP grimex on a rag (as if you were polishing your car) and gently rub it in a circular motion, I used this method when I foolishly spilt paint on my polished porcelain tiles before I'd sealed them. It took a few goes but it came off eventually.

I

Ian

The silicone residue is a good question, what's the best way to get that off? I usually just give it a good rub with a dry rag when it's fully cured.

T

The D

Pee on your hands spin around 3 times and down a half bottle of JD it will not get rid if the marks but they will not bother you as much. :smilewinkgrin:

T

Topshop

Like Enduro said but its common ingrediant is acetone - use protective gloves and ventilation as it will damage your liver over time.....even quicker than the JD Deanotile recommends.

Reply to water drip marks on ceramics? also silicone residue in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen