Discuss VITREX 103450 - A good wet slate cutter? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

P

p20nty

Hi
I am DIY enthusiast and will be shortly tiling the kitchen and hallway of my house in 600x600mm calibrated brazilian slate - total area c70 sq metres. With this area probable sensible that I invest in a wet tile cutter. Looking at forum, bench de walt seems good if you are in trade but not for DIY (return on investment and all that). The VITREX 103450 seems to have good reviews on Amazon as a wet cutter and can cut this size tile. Do forum members feel that this would be appropriate for me. (probably will tile 2 bathrooms after these jobs too and small jobs for family). Also note that hand held wet de walts are affordable - c£200.00 mark, but again are they suitable for cutting this type of tile and offer any advantages over a bench tile cutter. Your views will be much appreciated. Many thanks

P

p20nty

Hi
Many thanks for your advice which I will take on board. Looked at your link. Second hand rail saw seems a very good bet via e-bay. Can you suggest blade type(s) to use - suppose diamond for slate / stone? I will need to cut a few 'slow curves' on some tiles. Can this be acheived with a rail cutter - like cutting multiple tangents to form 'the curve'. (I will be on hols for 10 days now - lucky me but deserved I feel. So will apologise for delay to your reply which I will look forward to when I return.
many thanks again.

Reply to VITREX 103450 - A good wet slate cutter? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay